Manager Clinical Nutrition job opening located in Hawaii.
Sign-On-Bonus – $5,000
300 licensed beds, Acute care facility
Oversees, develops, coordinates, and promotes clinical nutrition services and food service operations for hospitalized patients and Skilled Care Facility residents. Plans, develops, and implements clinical and nutritional standards, protocols, policies, procedures, goals and objectives. Coordinates department competency assessment program. Plans and implements performance improvement programs and quality monitors. Serves on committees as appropriate and collaborates with relevant departments. Conducts nutrition assessment, planning follow-up care and counseling for hospital patients. Develops nutrition education materials and programs. Supervises assigned staff.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and oversees inpatient and skilled care facility food and clinical nutrition services. Ensures high quality food and nutrition services for hospitalized and Skilled Care Facility patients.
- Manages computerized diet office system. Oversees upkeep of database. Coordinates upgrades. Conducts staff user training. Troubleshoots and rectifies system problems. Enters data into competency tracking system for department.
- Establishes and updates enteral nutrition formulary for adult, pediatric and infant formulas. Oversees purchasing, stocking and sale of formulas.
- Coordinates competency assessment program for department. Assists in updating core competency performance criteria and plans annual focused competencies.
- Schedules dietitian and nutrition assistant staff. Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Develops, implements, monitors, updates, and prioritizes policies, procedures, goals, and objectives. Establishes standards and procedures for nutrition screening, nutrition assessment and follow-up care of patients.
- Collaborates with relevant departments in establishment of nutrition care standards, protocols, and services. Attends and participates in departmental and organization committees and quality management teams.
- Assists with forecasting, reviewing, analyzing, and recommending budget for patient food services. Monitors patient food and personnel costs to ensure cost-effective operations.
- Collaborates with FNS management team to develop, implement, and improve patient nutrition programs. Oversees development, evaluation and revision of patient menus and standardized recipes. Establishes and monitors specifications for effective quality control.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates performance improvement programs and audits to ensure provision of quality patient food and nutrition services.
- Establishes and monitors standards and procedures for patient care, food production, food service, sanitation, safety, and security to ensure provision of quality food and nutrition services and compliance with regulatory agencies. Integrates professional standards of care into practice.
- Conducts nutrition assessments. Develops and implements nutrition plan of care. Evaluates and provides follow-up nutrition care.
- Documents nutrition assessment, plan, recommendations, and follow-up care in patients’ medical record.
- Provides consultation to medical team in prescription of diets, nutritional assessments, and enteral and parenteral feedings. Counsels’ patients and family members on diet and lifestyle modifications. Adapts plans to accommodate patient’s goals, learning ne.
- Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
- Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff.
Describe how this position fits in your organization.
- This position reports to the Director of Nutritional Services with a staff of 10 to 15 employees
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please include team and company culture.
- This position helps patients and a team of health care providers to focus on food health. To encourage to well-being from nutritional and lifestyle modifications.
- We are one of America’s leading health care providers and nonprofit health plans. We serve 12.5 million people in California, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Oregon, Virginia, and Washington. There is room for growth.
- Minimum two (2) years of management experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical dietitian experience in hospital setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, or nutritional sciences.
- Accredited Dietetic Internship (DI) by the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Food Protection Professional (ANFP) OR ServSafe Food Handler Program Certificate
- Dietitian License (Hawaii)
- Registered Dietitian from American Dietetic Association
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Knowledge of regulatory agency dietary requirements and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, decision making, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving and written communication.
- Budget forecasting and analysis experience.
- Master’s degree in nutrition or dietetics.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services