Director of Emergency Services job opening located in Texas.
The Director of Emergency Services Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
- Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
- Master’s degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in emergency services required3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
- Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred
- Candidate must have ED experience, worked at a large volume ED, understands flow prefer an ED Director but if they are a seasoned 4+ years of experience in a Large facility ED, we would take a look.
- Over 60 FTE’s and 2 Mgrs
- ER Specs- 42 beds, 3 trauma rooms
- 80% admission from the ER
- 160-180/day pre COVID, 120-150 spots/ day now and increasing, 60% ESI level
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Director of Emergency Services Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services