Manager of Nursing – Labor and Delivery High Risk Antepartum Unit job opening located in Michigan.
Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
- Regionally ranked #8 by U.S. news & World Report
- Hospital has 400+ beds
- Maintains the largest # of nurses within the entire system
- Hospital Includes Level I Trauma Center and Children’s Hospital
- In L&D – approx. 67 FTE’s-total dept FTE’s around 87 including clerks, PCA’s etc.
- Average # of births – 3690 births in 2020 and 2101 births from January 2021 – through the end of July, 2021
GENERAL POSITION OVERVIEW
Responsible for supervising the activities of professional and ancillary personnel engaged in the provision of nursing care and managing the overall operation of an assigned nursing unit. Assignments are typically in the form of general results expected with considerable freedom to decide on procedures to be followed. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and 3-5 years of progressively more responsible clinical and supervisory nursing experience required.
- EFM Certification required, NRP required, ACLD required, 3-5 years obstetric nursing required – preferably in high risk center.
- Current RN license in the state of Michigan & BLS certification required
- Master’s degree in Nursing, MBA, or Master of Health Administration preferred but not required
- Additional education/experience may be required depending on department
DUTIES (including but not limited to):
- Must be able to operate and perform basic computer programs associated with record keeping in the department
- Must be able to work as a team member and be able to communicate effectively with visitors, physicians, hospital personnel, and administrative staff with tact in order to handle sensitive matters
- Develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure efficient and effective services.
- Works closely with unit councils facilitating implementation of decisions that improve patient outcomes, improve patient safety and support professional practice.
- Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services