Director of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) job opening located in New Mexico.
- Small hospital with 4 bed ICU.
- Responsible to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO, who was promoted from this position).
- The director has 24-hour responsibility to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the delivery of Nursing Care to the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult & geriatric patients within the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- The Director of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is qualified to perform the duties of this position by initial education, continuing education and experience.
- The director is also responsible for the fiscal & operational management of the ED.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or actively progressing toward a BSN is preferred.
- Three (3) years’ nursing experience preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience demonstrating clinical and leadership ability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing process applied to various clinical areas.
- Knowledge of DNV or TJC and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Current RN license to practice professional Nursing in the State of New Mexico or acceptable compact state RN licensure required.
- Must complete and maintain ACLS and BLS certification within three (3) months of hire.
- Must complete and maintain PALS certification within six (6) months of hire.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services