Director of Med/Surg Nursing job opening located in New Mexico.
- Small hospital with 21 med/surg beds.
- Reports to the Chief Nursing Officer, who was promoted from Director of ICU.
- The director has 24-hour responsibility to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the delivery of Nursing Care to the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult & geriatric patients within the Medical Surgical Units.
- The Director of the Med Surg Units is qualified to perform the duties of this position by initial education, continuing education and experience.
- Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or actively progressing toward a BSN is preferred.
- Three (3) years’ nursing experience required.
- Two (2) years’ experience demonstrating clinical and leadership ability preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing process applied to various clinical areas.
- Knowledge of DNV or TJC and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Current RN license to practice professional Nursing in the State of New Mexico or acceptable compact state RN licensure required.
- Must complete and maintain ACLS and BLS certification within three (3) months of hire.
- Must complete and maintain PALS certification within six (6) months of hire.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services