Director of Surgical Services job opening located in New Mexico.
- Reports to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO).
- The director has 24-hour responsibility to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the delivery of age-appropriate, culturally sensitive Nursing Care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult & geriatric patients.
- The goal of the Director of Surgical Services is to ensure that care is provided to achieve a level of wellness equal to, or greater than, that which the patient had before their operative or other invasive procedure.
- The Director of Surgical Services shares knowledge and skills through mentoring, precepting, role modeling, staff evaluations, and by promoting education and training on all equipment and all procedures for the delivery of pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care.
- The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for completing all duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ nursing experience in perioperative nursing required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ clinical and leadership experience preferred.
- Current RN license to practice professional Nursing in the State of New Mexico or acceptable compact state RN licensure required.
- Current verifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Basic Life Support required. (If ACLS and BLS verifications are not current upon hire must be obtained within three (3) months of hire.).
- Perioperative Certification (CNOR/CPAN) preferred.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services