Practice Director job opening located in Arizona.
A 75+ bed hospital located just over an hour from Tucson in SE AZ, has a need for a Physician Practice Director to join their team.
Total FTE in group-80
Total Employed Providers-32
Ortho, Gen Surg, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Podiatry, OB (Physicians, NP and Midwife), Psychiatrist, Pulmonology, Spine Surgeon, Urology, Wound care, Cardiology
Under the direction of the Hospital COO, responsible for the direct and operational management of the physician practice to include effective management of clinical systems, human resources, financial management, and environmental management; performs business development and marketing functions for the physician practices sustaining the operational success of multiple physician practices, clinics or offices within the hospital area and remaining in compliance with all regulatory bodies.
1. Develops and implements physician practices’ strategic plans.
2. Ensures best practices implementation of operating policies, procedures, and principles for physician practices.
3. Provides leadership and direction in accordance with organizational goals and objectives.
4. Helps develop plans and budgets on strategic, tactical and operating levels for and with each practice; directing the implementation of these plans and budgets; and generally helping ensure the success of each practice in healthcare delivery and financial terms.
5. Monitors financial performance compared to budget, develops and reviews weekly financial projections, and assesses physician practice staffing patterns.
6. Assists in supervising the administrative managers of each physician practice, guiding and assisting them in managing their operations, and leading implementation teams on projects and initiatives.
7. Works with the central billing office to assist practice in maximizing net revenue.
8. Promotes collaborative practice with hospital departments, physicians, and clinics.
9. Consults with the practices’ office manager concerning the operations of their practices to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas and/or improvement of services and reports such findings to the hospital COO.
10. Oversees clinical and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality patient care (HIPAA and Joint Commission).
11. Meets with and provides administrative support to physicians and serves as their go to resource for implementation of policies, procedures, and principles.
12. Helps to ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations by implementing and monitoring policies and programs to protect patients and employees of the organization.
13. Ensures that the physician and the staff have the applicable training necessary for performance of their assigned duties.
14. Understands and actively participates in fulfilling the mission of the practices.
15. Collaborates with other hospitals and corporate departments to disseminate best demonstrated practices.
16. Work on special projects, as needed.
- Complies with legal, hospital and departmental policies, procedures and position requirements.
- Bachelor’s in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or similar.
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible experience in physician practice management, including oversight of multiple physician practices, offices, or clinics.
- Demonstrated track record of success at managing, mentoring and motivating supervised staff and managing diverse teams to accomplish a wide range of strategic and operational objectives.
- Strong knowledge of physician practice financial administration and payer reimbursement.
- Good knowledge of legal issues relating to physician-owned practices and hospital-employed physicians.
- Demonstrated budget, financial, and mathematics skills. Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to work professionally with confidential, proprietary data and information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels, both internal and external.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to plan, implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames, as well as the ability to deal with priority changes.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work within the established policies, procedures and practices prescribed by the organization.
Education: Bachelors or better in Health Administration or related field.
Experience: 5 of more years of experience
Discover soaring mountain peaks under extraordinary skies, rich history, and room to roam. With 275 days of sunshine and a temperate climate, the city is a year ’round destination for outdoor adventure, authentic history, and global cuisine. The city is located just over an hour from Tucson, AZ. Tucked into Arizona’s lower right corner, the County invites you to disconnect and recharge. The expanse of mountain and sky, from sunrise to sunset, makes flipping your phone from selfie to scenic simple. Discover a just-right climate, with short-sleeve temperatures, sunny days, and starry nights. Walk, hike, bike, or climb the landscape that bears the names of legends, like Chiricahua, Cochise, Geronimo, Slaughter, and the infamous Tombstone. You’ll find endless exploration and plenty of ways to get in your 10,000 steps. Settle into world-class birding hotspots that offer sightings of more than 400 bird species. The city is often referred to as the best seat in Mother Nature’s house. With a panoramic view of Arizona’s Sky Islands rising up to impossibly blue skies by day and star-splashed skies by night, the city is your ultimate vantage point for infinite exploration.
Shop galleries and farmers markets. Fill up on authentic international cuisine, fiery Mexican, and hearty cowboy fare served from food trucks, diners, and white tablecloth restaurants. Your inner foodie will thank you. Then sip award-winning wines or a cool microbrew. You’ll be amazed at the variety of attractions, activities, events, accommodations, and restaurants in town and the surrounding area. Looking to discover mountain peaks and cool canyons, military history and ghost towns, wildlife watching and award winning wines? This is the place for you!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services