Surgical Physician Assistant job opening located in Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Hospital is located a few minutes south of Lanham, just 18 miles from Washington, DC and 50 minutes south of Baltimore
Job Summary: In this role, you will provide direct care to surgical patients pre-operatively, intra-operatively, and post-operatively under the supervision of a physician/surgeon, working both in the hospital and office. Robotics Urology
- Board Certification from NCCPA – PA-C
- Experience assisting in surgery is mandatory
- At least one year of experience in laparoscopic and robotic surgery
- Strong preference for 20-case first assist experience in robotic urologic surgeries
- Experience preferred in Urology
- Experience with perioperative education and postoperative care would be nice to have
- Current or pending State licenses in Maryland, DC, and Virginia
- Current or pending prescription authority including DEA and CLS required if authorized to prescribe controlled substances
- Current ACLS certification from the American Heart Association
What you will be doing:
- Provide comprehensive evaluation, management, and care of pre and post operative patients. Develop comprehensive plan of care and review with supervising physician. Order appropriate tests and treatments. Interpret test results and document appropriately. Prescribe medications as indicated.
- Perform minor procedures such as insertion of foley catheters, cystometrogram (CMG), Uroflow & measurement of post-void residual Urine (PVR).
- Assist in surgical rounds at hospital.
- Assist Surgeon during surgical procedure by carrying out surgical functions in order to ensure optimal results to the patient.
- Regularly review the PSA tracking and intermittent hormone therapy for prostate cancer program and manage treatment of patients in the tracking program.
- Participate in patient education specific to surgical procedures and post-operative care.
- Collaborate with the physician and other clinical staff members to maintain continuity of care.
- Refer patients to supervising physician or, with physician agreement, to other health/ professionals as appropriate.
- Participate in developing, reviewing and revising medical/surgical protocols.
- Participate in current and future departmental research projects
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services