OR Director job opening located in Arizona.
A large hospital located near Tucson, AZ, has a need for an experienced Director of Surgical Services to join their team.
The role is accountable to support the COO to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care.
The Director of Surgical Services shall direct, supervise and over-see operations of all Surgical Services Product Lines as assigned. Assumes 24-hour responsibility for multiple units which include but not limited to the Operating Room, Endoscopy, PACU, Pre-Admission Testing, Central Sterile Processing Department, and Same Day Surgery.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of identified standards of nursing care to meet the needs of the perioperative patient. Serves as a clinical resource for the clinical managers and coordinators, anesthesia and physicians as well as other members of the perioperative staff.
- Works to integrate perioperative services into one team by seeking input and by-in from clinical staff across multiple units. Promotes the philosophy of patient focused care by demonstrating sensitivity to patient and family needs, communicating clearly and frequently with surgeons and anesthesia regarding concerns.
- Oversees Surgical Services billing processes/staff. Monitors billing/charging functions within the department to ensure corporate compliance.
- Coordinates participation and success in regularly scheduled supply inventory in conjunction with Materials Management
- Collaborates, integrates, and communicates to all team members providing optimal efficiency of daily operations in running the Surgery board
- Assumes 24-hour accountability, authority, and responsibility for the financial, equipment, information technology and scheduling, for Surgery Services
- Selects personnel for hire and promotion; takes appropriate actions regarding counseling, disciplinary actions, demotion and termination
- Oversees Surgical Services billing processes/staff. Monitors billing/charging functions within the department to ensure corporate compliance
- Directs, supports and coaches direct reports
- Develops and manages the annual department operating and capital budgets
- Directs daily operations of assigned department/s
- This position manages the throughput of all areas, First Case on-time start, Tissue Management, turnover time in Surgical Services, supply coordination with materials management, coordination of equipment, and coordination of schedule.
- Achieves ongoing compliance with all regulatory agencies
Required: Active RN license in the state of Arizona; BLS
Preferred: Master’s degree
Required: Minimum 3 years experience as an Operating Room RN, with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated work experience in a perioperative services leadership role, preferably in a Surgical Services Nurse Director role.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
CNOR preferred – Must have experience as an Operating Room RN
Minimum 3 years in a Surgical Services Director role
For authentic Southwestern experiences, Tucson (and surrounding Southern Arizona) fits the bill. Guest ranches, horseback rides, and cattle drives recall Old West roots, but you’ll also find yourself smack-dab in a hub of spas, resort hotels, and championship golf courses…not to mention amazing, trend-setting restaurants. Tucson was the first city to earn the designation of World City of Gastronomy by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Plus, with a thriving visual and performing arts scene and respected galleries and museums, Tucson’s vibrant multicultural heritage shines.
Famous for its dramatic beauty, the Sonoran Desert covers this region with spectacular cacti – including the giant saguaro, a symbol of the American Southwest. But don’t be fooled by the term “desert” because mountain ranges in all directions offer scenic drives, and even snow skiing. In the winter you can go for a hike in the valley, then drive up to Mt. Lemmon and enjoy the slopes. Tucson’s legendary year-round sunshine and saguaro-and-sunset landscape have romanced visitors for decades.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services