Marketing Director job opening located in Virginia.
A midsized hospital located in Southern VA near the NC border, has a need for an experienced Market Director of Marketing to join their team. The Director will be responsible for 2 hospitals in the area. Candidates MUST have Healthcare Marketing management experience.
Responsible for the creation and implementation of strategic marketing plans (strategies, tactics, timelines, budgets, measures) to support the business objectives and priorities of Memorial Hospital as it relates to marketing, public relations, and communications. The Director will develop, plan and implement promotional collateral to meet the business objectives of the organization. The Director will be responsible for the primary marketing relationships.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Ensures department stays focused on their important role in the continuum of care.
- Directs all aspects of marketing, to include: a) Production and placement of ads in all forms of media b) Publication of newsletters, brochures and pamphlets c) Supervision of photographic needs d) Publication of Annual Report and Physician Directory e) Assist new medical staff members by providing production and placement of ads in all forms of media f) Development of all collateral material including newsletters, brochures, direct mail pieces, etc.
- Collaborates with partners, the Market, HSC, and other affiliations to develop key messages and value propositions related to various components of business strategies. Tracks, documents, reports and summarizes marketing activity to senior leadership keeping them abreast of marketing activities.
- Assists with strategic initiatives including: a) Exploration and development of new programs or services b) COPN applications c) Development of strategic plan and the coordination of the administrative team’s corporate presentation.
- Provide public relations support by fielding all media calls, coordinate publicity efforts, and actively manage situations which require crisis communications. Development and management of hospital web-site.
- Keeps Senior leadership informed of relevant information related to market intelligence and health care trends. Serves as the lead for the coordination of all media, marketing and branding activities.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Must have at least four years of related experience in marketing, marketing communications with demonstrated experience in driving the implementation of strategic marketing plans and tactics. Must be able to work with all levels of organizational leadership in the adoption of plans and tactics, and making plan course corrections as needed based on emerging information or market evolution.
- Experience with emerging marketing tools (i.e. social media and customer relationship marketing) preferred.
- Work experience to include participation in strategic plan development and expertise in tactics that range from collateral material creation and development, to special event management, to highly targeted audience specific initiatives
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day’s drive of two-thirds of the nation’s population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City’s rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services