Director Case Management job opening in a midsized hospital located in Southern Virginia near the North Carolina border. The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a Director or Assistant Director in a medium to large size hospital system. The Director will oversee approximately 13 FTEs.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Capable of relating to diverse age and demographic backgrounds. Analytical ability sufficient to evaluate data, make judgments and recommendations regarding operations and budgets, design protocols and create well developed reports.
- Professional knowledge sufficient to assure quality of care provided with multidisciplinary service areas. Demonstrated organizational leadership and management skills.
- Defining performance goals and expectations for the department and staff.
- Ensuring compliance with all policies and regulations standards relating to the functioning of the case management department
- Maintaining / facilitating communication between the members of the case management department and the physician advisor regarding medical necessity, progression of the plan of care and/or quality issues
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
Minimum Work Experience
- 5 years experience as Case Manager required.
- 5 years progressive management experience preferred.
- Experience in computer applications, data base management and technical support required.
- Exceptional skills in oral and written communication required.
- Must be able to work side by side with all levels of employees, physicians, and external hospital agencies.
- Requires experience with Interqual or MCG criteria software, advanced computer skills and is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience preferred with Meditech EMR and with MorCare.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, DHEC, CMS, OSHA, CLIA and other regulatory agency standards
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license to practice nursing in Virginia, or equivalent clinical licensure and experience.
- BSN required, MSN preferred, or equivalent clinical degree.
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day’s drive of two-thirds of the nation’s population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City’s rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services