Nurse Practitioner for their Infection Prevention and Employee Health department job opening in northeastern, Oregon with a not for profit hospital. Located just 45 minutes south of the Tri-Cities, WA area.
- The Infection Prevention and Employee Health Department is located within the Quality Division.
- Reports to the Quality Director
- Responsible for the system-wide infection prevention and employee health programs.
- Over 500 employees
- Provides direct care within the Infection Prevention and Employee Health office to employees of hospital system.
- Pre-placement physical exams on prospective employees, assessing and managing employee and volunteer workplace injuries, illnesses, and exposures, and managing employee immunizations and other occupational health requirements.
- Responsible for surveillance, analysis, and reporting of healthcare acquired infections, providing education to employees regarding infection prevention, coordinating teams to develop and evaluate policies/procedures to ensure infection prevention within the system is meeting requirements
- The Nurse Practitioner collaborates with managers, teams, and providers across the system for disease control, environment of care rounds, performance improvement, and risk assessments.
- Collaboration with Public Health.
- Nurse Practitioner, MSN
- ANCC or AANP Certification
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience in nursing
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) or within four years of hire (requires three years of experience prior to sitting for the exam)
- Experience in infection control and/or employee health would be helpful
- Oregon licensed or eligible to obtain
- Located just 7 miles south of the Columbia River. You enjoy plenty of water sports like boating, water skiing, swimming, fishing, and wind surfing. Proximity to the Blue Mountains offers hiking, fishing, hunting, and camping and in the winter, snowmobiling, skiing, sledding, and snow tubing are fun activities.
- Small town ambiance with numerous community events and locally sponsored-activities that include a large county fair and rodeo, an annual Lavender Festival, Farmers Market, Wine and Cheese Festival, Family Health and Fitness Day, and more. Being so close to the Tri-Cities region of Southeastern Washington you get to experience some of the best wine country in the nation as well as a number of shopping, dining, and cultural events.
- The central location between the cities of Portland, Spokane, and Boise make it a short drive in every direction to a major metropolitan area.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services