Lab Director job opening in a large hospital located about an hour from Charleston, West Virginia. This position would be over around 35 FT employees and 15 PRN employees.
- Plans, organizes and delineates duties and responsibilities of laboratory personnel under direction and in cooperation with director of laboratories.
- Detects and reports unusual conditions to the director.
- Performs bi-annual review of procedure manuals and monthly review of quality control, maintenance and function checks, and may assess the competency of high complexity testing personnel.
- Assures quality and appropriateness of patient care provided by the Laboratory in conjunction with the Medical director of the Laboratory.
- Actively strives to maintain positive medical staff relations
- Responsible for personnel management
- Responsible for financial management and strategic plan of the Laboratory and Pathology Departments
- Actively develops interdepartmental relations
- Keeps abreast of advances in Laboratory and Pathology medicine and management by attending seminars and meetings relative to job function
- Provides age appropriate care to all patients
Reports to: Vice President/Chief Operating Officer
Minimum Education: MS with four years experience or BA/BS with six years experience or HEW certified with ten years experience. ASCP certification preferred.
Required Skills: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Minimum Work Experience:
- With at least 5 years’ experience and excellent discipline and leadership skills.
- Has exhibited a high degree of professional excellence characterized by sound independent judgment, reliability, initiative, flexibility and a high standard of ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to make decision dependent on an in-depth knowledge of laboratory techniques, principles, instruments, and their interrelationships and performs routine analysis at acceptable levels of competency and on a timely basis.
West Virginia comes with a wide variety of perks, including, but not limited to, the cost of living, which is approximately 16.6% lower than the U.S median. This town is the hub of Southern West Virginia, providing shopping and health care to six surrounding counties, allowing you to explore and experience southern West Virginia’s vast Appalachian culture. The town is the perfect place to live no matter your lifestyle. Some activities you will find are whitewater rafting, great kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, tubing, mountain climbing, golfing, ATV trails, outdoor theater, zip lining, enjoying a cultural festival, spa treatment, or revisiting some of the rich history of the area in one of the many museums.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services