Chief PA in Cardiothoracic Surgery job opening located in Western Maryland.
Located 40 minutes west of Hancock, 45 minutes from Berkeley Springs, WV and one hour west of Hagerstown and two hours from Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
- Hospital is among the top 10 percent in the nation for Cardiac Surgery and the only hospital in Maryland to achieve the Cardiac Surgery Specialty Excellence Award for six years in a row.
- Work with Cardiothoracic Surgeon and Vascular Surgeon and 2 Providers
- Practice does 200+ cases a year
- 275-bed state-of-the art hospital
- PA-C with 3+ years of cardiothoracic surgery experience
- EVH experience
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of pre-existing medical conditions that may affect surgical procedures and a working knowledge of major surgical complication and their treatment.
- Must have demonstrated competency in cardiac, thoracic, and vascular surgical procedures and anatomy and the documented ability to harvest all native conduits used for coronary bypass grafting.
- Chief Physician Assistant provides diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services to patients.
- Obtains medical histories, examines patients, orders and interprets tests, and orders treatments.
- Assists surgeon as first or second assistant in Operating Room.
- Provides pre- and post-op care to patients as needed and monitors progress during hospital stay.
- Responsible for the supervision of the practice Physician Assistants.
- The Chief Physician Assistant ensures all PA staff is trained to perform necessary skills competently. Provides an environment that is conducive to learning and is collaborative.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services