Director of Women’s Services job opening in a small 50 bed, Level III Trauma hospital, located 1.5 hrs from Denver, Colorado. They have approximately 15 employees on the OB Unit and they make up 7.5 FTEs. Right now we are doing 13-20 births per month (an average of 16/month). We have 8 beds on the unit and 2 triage beds.
Oversees, plans, organizes, directs and supervises the general day-to-day operations of the OB unit including Labor and Delivery, Newborn Nursery and Postpartum. Assesses and ensures quality of services are delivered and ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to all age groups. Communicates with physicians and the general public on behalf of the Department and the hospital. Assists in developing polices and formulating budget. Supervises/mentors staff; recruit staff; manages staff schedules, performance evaluations, and corrective/disciplinary action.
BSN; MSN preferred.
Active Colorado RN License; current BLS; ACLS within 1 year of service; NRP within 6 months of service; Fetal Monitoring within 1 year of service; and three years professional nursing experience in Obstetrics, in a hospital setting.
Management experience preferred.
- Requires knowledge of the professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care;
- knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care; knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care;
- skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide on-going patient care;
- ability to assume role of patient and family advocate;
- excellent customer service; strong Leadership skills;
- ability to plan, develop, and direct the department activities/services; ability to enact a mission/vision for the Department and align it to the facility’s mission/vision, and see it through completion;
- ability to identify growth opportunities and put an action plan in place to achieve these;
- ability to act in a supervisory role, perform effective performance evaluations, recruit, hire, retain, orient, train, develop, mentor, coach and discipline staff; ability to complete necessary documentation in a timely manner;
- ability to provide appropriate feedback and communications to staff;
- ability to inspire and motivate people;
- ability to develop effective schedules, ability to monitor staffing levels, meet productivity, and flex staff as necesssary;
- ability to manage a budget;
- understands and manages revenue and expenses (labor, supplies and capital);
- ability to maintain confidentiality of all information;
- excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to establish and maintain positive, professional working relationships and effective interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of hospital employees and physicians;
- ability to exercise outstanding judgment; strong analytical and reasoning skills;
- ability to work independently, be self-motivated/directed and work with minimal supervision; strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and be flexible; ability to establish priorities;
- ability to meet deadlines; effective skills in identifying problems, using problem-solving methodologies, and recommending solutions;
- ability to gain knowledge and adhere to organizational policies, regulations, and procedures and The Joint Commission Standards.
Full Time Opportunities include:
- Medical insurance options at the beginning of the month after 31 days
- Dental insurance options at the beginning of the month after 31 days
- Vision insurance options at the beginning of the month after 31 days
- Voluntary benefit options available at the beginning of the month after 31 days
- Company paid Life Insurance after 31 days
- Shopping/Cell Phone Discounts
- 401K participation available
- PTO and EIB accrual
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
All positions require completion of post-offer drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
Where the prairie meets the sky! The town’s rich blend of small town tradition and down home hospitality, provides a wonderful background for your travel experience. While here, you will enjoy limitless horizons and untouched natural beauty. This is a place where you will find extraordinary landscapes, unusual attractions, and the friendliest locals you’ve yet to meet! We have parks with large lakes to offer every water sport imaginable. We have golf courses, a small speedway, and of course, the historic downtown area.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services