Director of Laboratory job opening in a 25-Bed Critical Access Hospital, located near Albuquerque. This is a WORKING Director role so you must be willing to work the bench as well. The Director will oversee 10 FTEs.
Our Manager of Lab is responsible for overall operation and administration of the hospital lab, supervising lab staff, coordinating department activities, managing department budget, monitoring compliance and quality, and providing clinical expertise. The ideal candidate will have a willingness to be a “working director” – staffing the bench as needed.
- Must have MT (ASCP) certification or equivalent
- A BS degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, or Biology or equivalent
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience as a generalist in the following areas: hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, serology, blood bank, chemistry, phlebotomy and some microbiology.
- Experience with CAP inspections
- Willingness to work two-three days per week doing bench work and two-three days per week doing administrative duties
- Working off shifts and weekends as needed to cover department staffing
*Includes a competitive compensation, benefits, retirement, and paid time off package. Relocation assistance and sign-on bonus.
This city is a diverse community of 9,300 people descending from many cultures and backgrounds. Our climate is mild year-round, typical of the high desert. We are located 1 hour west of Albuquerque on I-40 and 1 hour east of Gallup. Our area offers low property taxes, inexpensive housing, the convenience of a nearby large city, and an abundance of open space. The area offers scenic vistas of mountains and mesas, historical attractions, a national forest, national monuments, state parks, and many forms of outdoor recreation. It also plays a vital role in the mining and forest restoration industries as well.
Great food served in a genuine atmosphere of beauty and enchantment. We still revere tradition here as well as innovations and continue to celebrate the early blend of Native American and Spanish cultures that created our singular cuisine, different from anywhere else in the American Southwest or Mexico.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services