Director of Quality, Risk and Performance Improvement job opening in a 100 bed hospital located in Southern Tennessee.
- Directs the Utilization Management Department activities and resources to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- Oversees all Risk Management activities including managing claims against the facility; interfacing with defense counsel; interacting with patients, medical staff and hospital staff to resolve complaints; administering the risk management program on a day to day basis; managing and analyzing the risk management data; overseeing the patient safety programs in order to maintain an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health errors.
- Oversees all quality management activities including: performance improvement, quality review, Joint Commission readiness, and core measures management.
- Participates in hospital and medical staff committees as required.
- Establishes policies and procedures as needed.
- Maintains oversight responsibility for the review of all usage patterns for medical necessity and appropriation of care against screening criteria.
Minimum Education: Bachelors degree in nursing
Required Skills: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Certifications: Healthcare Risk Mgmt Certification preferred ; Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Licenses: Current and active Registered Nurse license in the State of Tennessee.
This city is home to a robust educational scene, including eight elementary schools, one middle school, three high schools, private education opportunities and college campuses. The county is also home to a thriving Amish community, and the town is recognized as the Birthplace of Southern Gospel Music. Festivals and celebrations abound throughout the year, including the Summertown Bluegrass Festivals and David Crockett Days. Nashville’s entertainment and cultural activities lie just 80 miles north. The local State Park features campgrounds, LEED-certified vacation cabins, an Olympic-size swimming pool and modern bathhouse, a children’s wading pool, a paved bicycle trail, hiking, volleyball, tennis and a restaurant. A large lake offers 325 acres of fishing, row boating, canoeing and pedal boating. And golfers can tee off at one of three unique courses in the county.
Huntsville, AL (65)
Nashville, TN (80)
Chattanooga, TN (140)
Memphis, TN (170)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services