Job opening for a CNO in a 100 bed hospital located in North Central KY, just over an hour south of Cincinnati, OH. The Market CNO will be overseeing 2 hospitals, one is approximately 100 beds and the other is a critical access hospital which has an ACNO at it. They are looking for someone who has great communication with the staff. Candidates MUST have at least 3-5 years of CNO experience at an acute care hospital to be considered.
The CNO will oversee the following departments:
- OR, Outpatient
- Education/Employee health
- Med Surg/Angio
- Cardiac Rehab
- Cath lab
- Physical Therapy
- Quality/Case Management
- Risk Management
Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice over a Market of multiple facilities, regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse. Directs nursing activities of Market Hospitals within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization.
- Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
The City boasts a picturesque downtown setting on the banks of the Ohio River as well as bustling shopping-business corridors along US 68 and the AA highways. Our communityoffers a wide range of business and employment opportunities as well as historic sites, education options, and recreation fun for the whole family from boating, fishing, and camping, picnics, golf and swimming This scenic town, nestled on the banks of the Ohio River in northeastern Kentucky, just one hour southeast of Cincinnati, Ohio, and an hour northeast of Lexington, Kentucky, overflows with opportunities for business, industry, living and visiting. Celebrating a vivid past while embracing the promise and advantages of the 21st Century, the city always has been and always will be naturally charming.
The city is the retail and employment hub of a seven county area — Mason, Bracken, Robertson, Fleming and Lewis counties in Kentucky as well as Brown and Adams counties in Ohio. With a convergence of rail, river, and highway accessibility, and a labor market approaching 200,000, it is an excellent location for business and industry. From historic row houses and charming bungalows to modern subdivisions, golf course estates, and nearby farm communities, housing is available in a wide range of styles and price ranges. Relatively low real estate taxes make home buying even more affordable.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services