Chaplain job opening in a 75+ bed hospital located just over an hour from Tucson in SE Arizona.
The hospital Chaplain is responsible for leading a pastoral ministry for hospital patients, staff and visitors of all faiths, as well as those who hold no faith. The Chaplain counsels patients undergoing surgical procedures, facing illnesses, end of life issues or involved in traumatic accidents. The Chaplain also offers comfort and support to the patients’ families. The Chaplain may be called on to provide spiritual support to fellow staff members or care providers. The chaplain is responsible for the provision of spiritual care services to patients and families either directly or through coordination of care with other spiritual counselors. The Chaplain represents the hospital at functions and events throughout the community and serves as a liaison between the hospital and external churches to build an interfaith response.
- Due to the sensitive nature of the work, Chaplains are held to a high standard of ethical behavior, professionalism and confidentiality. The ability to work effectively in stressful situations while maintaining a calm demeanor is important.
- The Chaplain should also be able to work independently and be flexible when faced with multiple priorities.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, be friendly, compassionate and approachable.
- Additionally the Chaplain will be required to work many non traditional hours, including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college is required.
- Master’s degree in Theology or equivalent degree in a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of three units of Clinical Pastoral Education is desired.
- Ordained Minister.
- Board certified Chaplain or working toward certification by the Association of Professional Chaplains or other nationally recognized Chaplain´s group.
- Two years previous spiritual health care/chaplaincy experience, under supervision of a board certified Chaplain or CPE supervisor required.
Discover soaring mountain peaks under extraordinary skies, rich history, and room to roam. With 275 days of sunshine and a temperate climate, the city is a year ’round destination for outdoor adventure, authentic history, and global cuisine. The city is located just over an hour from Tucson, AZ. Tucked into Arizona’s lower right corner, the County invites you to disconnect and recharge. The expanse of mountain and sky, from sunrise to sunset, makes flipping your phone from selfie to scenic simple. Discover a just-right climate, with short-sleeve temperatures, sunny days, and starry nights. Walk, hike, bike, or climb the landscape that bears the names of legends, like Chiricahua, Cochise, Geronimo, Slaughter, and the infamous Tombstone. You’ll find endless exploration and plenty of ways to get in your 10,000 steps. Settle into world-class birding hotspots that offer sightings of more than 400 bird species. The city is often referred to as the best seat in Mother Nature’s house. With a panoramic view of Arizona’s Sky Islands rising up to impossibly blue skies by day and star-splashed skies by night, the city is your ultimate vantage point for infinite exploration.
Shop galleries and farmers markets. Fill up on authentic international cuisine, fiery Mexican, and hearty cowboy fare served from food trucks, diners, and white tablecloth restaurants. Your inner foodie will thank you. Then sip award-winning wines or a cool microbrew. You’ll be amazed at the variety of attractions, activities, events, accommodations, and restaurants in town and the surrounding area. Looking to discover mountain peaks and cool canyons, military history and ghost towns, wildlife watching and award winning wines? This is the place for you!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services