Chief Nursing Officer job opening for a large busy hospital located about an hour from Charlotte, NC. Candidates should be coming from a For Profit Hospital and have CNO experience at a For Profit Acute Care Hospital. They would STRONGLY like candidates to have experience at a large, tertiary facility. Candidates should have experience working to improve turnover in a competitive market and working with a complex medical staff.
Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse. Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization.
- Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
An “All- America City” and recognized as a “Most Livable Place to Live,” this area is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and boasts a long history of craftsmanship, being renowned as one of the top producing furniture communities in the nation. The region is dotted with quaint downtowns that boast shopping, dining and recreation options, as well as a growing number of vineyards. Schools are well regarded and educational opportunities include Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, with Appalachian State University and Wake Forest University nearby. The local arts scene is supported by organizations like their Museum of Art, the Western Piedmont Symphony and the Choral Society, and millions are being invested to create greenspaces – including a Riverwalk – for residents and visitors alike to enjoy. This vibrant region near the mountains offers close proximity to a number of cities in North Carolina, and a wealth of recreational opportunities. The temperate climate makes outdoor recreational destinations like Lake Hickory and the Blue Ridge Mountains a joy.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services