Staff Nurse – Cardiovascular ICU job opening located in Maryland.
CVICU Nurse 400+ bed hospital in MD / 10K sign on
Contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective healthcare as a provider of direct and indirect patient care and by effective of the health care team. Functions as a competent member of the health care team.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clinical Decision Making/Judgment
- Demonstrates clinical nursing knowledge and skill in the specialization of the unit.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply the nursing process effectively in the care of culturally diverse patients and families. Demonstrates the ability to utilize all applicable laws, policies, standards, guidelines and evidence-based practice in the provision of patient/family care.
- Organizes and reprioritizes patient care activities based on subtle and overt and/or environmental changes.
- Consistently and thoroughly assesses patients to collect data and identify learning needs according to established standards and policies.
- Utilizes a systematic, continuous, and complete analysis of assessment data to develop individualized problem lists for assigned patients.
- Develops and individualizes a plan of care for each patient in accordance with established standards, appropriate prioritization of problems/needs, and mutually agreed upon goals.
- Efficiently implements the patient’s plan of care in accordance with applicable standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates proficiency in medication administration, pain management and other unit or initiative specific skills.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the plan(s) of care, making revisions and recommendations based on analysis of patient responses to interventions.
- Nurse-Patient Family Relationships
- Demonstrates the ability to assess the patient’s/family’s learning needs, readiness to learn, learning style, and presence of barriers to learning.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop, implement and evaluate teaching plans for patient populations in unit specialty in accordance with applicable standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of growth and development across the life span to the care of patients.
- Provides direct patient care to patients and families in a culturally, developmentally, and ethically appropriate manner.
- Plans of care address the physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and learning needs of the patient/family.
- Clinical Scholarship
- Participates in QI, CPI and risk management activities at the unit, department, or organizational level.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively perform and improve all processes to achieve excellence with regard to AAMC’s quality standards and benchmarks.
- Supports the use of evidence-based guidelines and organizational policies and procedures to promote safe patient care and a safe practice environment.
- Clinical Leadership
- Participates in unit shared governance according to departmental standards.
- Participates in the education and orientation of new staff.
- Delegates patient care activities as appropriate; evaluates delegated activities for expected patient care outcomes.
- Employs real time computer documentation when completing patient record.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Adherence to the credentialing requirements of AAMC as stated in the nursing bylaws.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- CPR – American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification
- ACLS – American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Certification required within 1 year of hire
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services