Sr Director of ER job opening in a hospital located near San Jose, CA, to join their team. The Director will oversee 48 bed ER. The Director reports directly to our Assistant Medical Group Administrator. There are 3 managers and 5 Assistant Managers that report to this person. We see about 80,000 visits per year.
Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates and coordinates inpatient nursing services and/or integrated outpatient- inpatient nursing services across the continuum of care within a Service Area or within a single medical center. Works with the hospital and the Medical Group staff developing strategic plans, providing quality care, cost effective services which are aligned with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Collaborates with other Service Directors in identifying and implementing innovative models and best practices, emphasizing service improvements and cost reduction.
- Directs development and implementation of quality and utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused delivery of services and cost effective utilization of necessary services.
- Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of the Health Plan contract and governmental and accrediting agencies. Oversees the development of department standards as identified by regulatory agencies.
- Develops services that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with emphasis on customer service, highest standards of quality and innovation.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues. May act as site administrator.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services.
- Directs the budget and resource allocations.
- Manages the financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and services.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, the hospital reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
Minimum eight (8) years of nursing experience in patient care.
Minimum five (5) years of management experience required.
- BSN or BA in health care related field required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration:
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS certificate required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master’s degree preferred.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements of this position?
- Must be a Registered Nurse Must have ER leadership experience. (5 years, combo of supervisor/manager. Ideally they are already a Director)
- Must have good tenure (looking for 3-5 year stints)
- Must have Bachelors degree Must understand cost of living in Santa Clara
What are the nice-to-have skills?
- Coming from an ER of like size or larger.
- California RN license (must have license by date of hire)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services