APN Neuro, Stroke/Trauma, Cardiac job opening located in Southern California.
We are looking for a leader in nursing to join an Amazing hospital in shaping and lifting services across neuro, stroke/trauma, cardiac. The APN helps develop the “mentor” nursing team that is there to guide and empower the front line nurses. This role is looking for someone very capable of inspiring best practice in a busy (3 ICU, 5000 sq foot) service. There are system level projects and opportunities to innovate all over the place! This a very fulfilling role; full of collaboration and shared goals!
Magnet Hospital and no unions! Sign on bonus and relocation!
The ideal candidate will possess a CNS certification and a minimum 3 years of experience in ICU (Cardiac, Neuro and Trauma). APNs are active in house-wide clinical program planning, evidence-based practice projects and supports Value By Design. The primary focus of this position is the advancement of expert nursing practice, evaluates clinical practice for patient care and monitors the standards of practice. APNs provides the use of evidence-based resources, change and system theories to promote organizational improvements. Facilitates point of service decision making activities, including but not limited to education, research and performance improvement for their areas of expertise. This is a nursing leadership position which functions in the nursing (not medical) model to advance practice within a designated scope of responsibility.
- Current CA RN license
- Master’s Degree
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS Certification
- Two years full-time equivalent of experience as an RN
- Experience with coaching and developing clinical staff
- Clinical leadership experience
- 3-5 years of experience in ICR, Stroke, Neuro, Cardiac and Trauma
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification
- National Board Certification through ANCC and/or equivalent in specialty area
- Masters Degree in nursing
- Masters in related field acceptable with Bachelors in nursing
- Doctorate recommended, Preferred doctorate in nursing such as DNP, PhD, DNSc. Will accept EdD and others upon review.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services