Job opening in a 150+ bed hospital located in Southwest OH, about 45 mins from Dayton, for an experienced Lab Director to join their team. The Director will oversee 35 employees and Lead Techs for each section of the Lab.
Responsible for the clinical, operational, and financial management of the Laboratory Services. The position is primarily responsible for employee engagement and staffing for the laboratory department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, and directs all departmental activities.
- Provides overall supervision of departmental personnel and evaluates personnel performance.
- Acts as a resource person to the Laboratory Services personnel as well as to the medical staff regarding clinical laboratory issues.
- Leads the development of departmental strategic and operational goals and objectives. Assesses departmental performance in relation to the established goals and objectives.
- Develops departmental operating and capital budgets. Accountable for insuring those departmental operations are carried on within allocated funds.
- Develops, maintains, and trends annual departmental quality plan, including quality control, quality assurance, and performance improvement activities.
- Together with the Pathologist, maintains an effective clinical laboratory quality control program, which at a minimum complies with the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organization (JCAHO) and College of American Pathology (CAP) standards.
- Recommends and implement as appropriate needed change to effect continual improvement of quality, efficiency, economy, and effectiveness of departmental operations and services rendered.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with other employees, departments, and with referring physicians.
- Ensures Laboratory compliance with Medicare and other third party payer regulations.
- Ensures maintenance of the Laboratory Information System.
- Ensures proper maintenance and care of all clinical laboratory equipment.
- Performs clinical laboratory functions as the situation dictates.
- Coordinates departmental participation in hospital safety and emergency plans.
- Coordinates departmental plans for staff continuing education.
- Develops and implements approved departmental policies, procedures, systems, and standards. Insures compliance therewith.
- Establishes and maintains needed and required departmental records and reports.
- Participates in hospital-wide committees
- Maintains confidential rights of the patient and practices good patient and internal and external customer relationships.
- Performs all other duties as required or requested.
Must be a Medical Technologist, MT (ASCP) with current registration. Bachelor degree required. Master’s degree in business or health administration preferred.
Minimum of three years supervisory/managerial experience, with five years total experience, working in a clinical laboratory setting.
Professional Affiliations: Clinical Laboratory Management Association (CLMA).
The city is situated within a one hour driving distance to Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus. This city has many festivals throughout the year including Oktoberfest, Corn Festival, Music Festivals, etc. If you love the outdoors, this is the place for you with a golf course, nature preserves, and state parks nearby. The town is also home to many independent business owners and antique shops. They even still have a covered bridge in town! If you are looking for a small town where everybody knows their neighbors, a low cost of living, yet close to big cities, this is the place for you.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services