Job opening in a midsized hospital located about 30 mins north of Nashville, TN, for an experienced Lab Director to join their team. Candidates MUST be able to get the TN license before they start work. The Director will oversee approximately 25 employees.
This position is responsible for the effective operational management of the Laboratory. This includes monitoring clinical effectiveness based on knowledge of best practice while adhering to regulations set regulatory agencies. Works interdepartmentally to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Responsible for management and operations within the Laboratory Service Line in collaboration with the Administrative Director of System Laboratory Services.
- Ability to demonstrate high collaboration with the Physician specialist and Hospital Based physicians that support the Laboratory/Pathology services. Works independently & interdepartmentally to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Responsible for the Laboratory regulatory compliance and will assure that CAP, AABB, CLIA, JCAHO, and OSHA guidelines are adhered to.
- Manages the Laboratory team.
- Interacts with all Hospital departments, including Administration, to plan, implement, and coordinate activities involving patients, employees, and physicians; interacts with physicians to implement new tests and systems to improve existing departmental services.
- Customer Service Standards-responsible for all departmental and staff customer service initiatives. This position will be key in improving and maintaining employee morale and retention rates; decreasing turnover.
- Personnel-Responsible for the management (Oversight) of all employees-employee evaluations; assuring that time and attendance is completed accurately; safe and appropriate staff scheduling and PTO requests; facilitates education to ensure that employee education is in compliance with best practice standards; will conduct timely employee communication to ensure employees are well informed.
- Capital and Operating Expense-will work in collaboration with Administration and Finance to prepare annual capital and operational budgets. Will be responsible for maintaining expenses and revenue within the established fiscal year budget.
- Performance Improvement and Quality Management-Responsible for monitoring and/or overseeing that all QC programs; including proficiency testing, review and correction of deficiencies; responsible for continuous performance improvement; maintains total quality of service at acceptable levels. Ensures that all employees have been educated on proper PIOI techniques.
- Leadership-In collaboration with Administration and other department leaders, will work on short and long term goals and objectives based in the five pillars of excellence and the iCare Standards of behavior.
- Equipment-Ensures that all equipment within the Laboratory is functioning properly and ensures that all personnel is educated on proper techniques of operation; verifies that all major equipment repairs have been accomplished; in collaboration with Administration, initiates equipment service contracts.
- Professional-Performs core duties of technical staff. Maintains own skills and knowledge by continuing education and ensuring best practice guidelines are reviewed and followed.
Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology – Required
Master’s degree in Medical Technology or Healthcare Administration – Preferred
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Basic Life Support (BLS) American Heart Association – Preferred
Licenses: State of Tennessee Laboratory Supervisor licensure – Required
Minimum Work Experience
6 years experience in Clinical Laboratory as Medical Technologist with at least 3 years clinical laboratory management experience – Required
An energetic small city set in the idyllic countryside only 30 miles north of Nashville, this city offers the rich variety of recreational, educational, and economic activities you’d expect to find in a bigger city. Recognized as one of the top “power suburbs” in the United States, the city boasts high-paying jobs and low taxes. Economic health, a thriving arts scene, and a vibrant retail environment make this city a hub for family life.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Lab Director Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services