Job opening in a large hospital in the Houston, TX area, for a Lab Manager of Anatomical Pathology to join their team.
The Manager of Laboratory Medicine department position is responsible for the delivery of quality laboratory services in an efficient and effective manner meeting the needs of patients and attending clinical staff. Under general direction, this role is responsible for functional and operational aspects of a laboratory. This position provides leadership, guidance and direction to staff and maintains accountability for the laboratory’s performance andresults.This position is also responsible for quality, functional excellence and contribution to accomplishment of strategic and operational objectives.
The Manager position responsibilities include managing the daily work activities of the work unit/department staff, ensuring quality, productivity, functional excellence and efficiency while assisting management in accomplishing strategic and operational objectives. In addition, this position provides guidance to staff and is responsible for staffing, budget compliance, contributing to staffing decisions such as hiring and terminating employment, coaching and counseling employees on work related performance, and assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure a safe and effective work environment. This position also implements training, monitoring and operations initiatives that assure compliance with ethical and legal business practices and accreditation/regulatory/government regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or other related science field
- Five years of laboratory experience, of which one year must have been in a managerial role in healthcare; may consider HM employee with five years of laboratory experience with HM performance that demonstrates leadership responsibility
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
- Must have one of the following required certifications:
- Certified as a Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Laboratory Scientist, Histotechnologist (HTL), Histotechnician (HT) certification or categorical certification by Board of Certification (ASCP)
- Certified as a Medical Technologist by American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Certified as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist byNational Credentialing Agencyfor Laboratory Personnel (NCA)
- Clinical microbiology registry from American Society for Microbiology, RM(AAM)
- Certified Histocompatibility Technologist (CHT) by the American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services