Job opening in two smaller hospitals located in beautiful WY, about 3 hrs from Jackson, for a Market CNO to join their team. The CNO will be responsible for both hospitals with just over 150 beds combined.
- Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse. Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
Education: Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization. Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
Licenses: Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
This town has a population of approximately 37,000 with major urban centers such as Salt Lake City, Utah, Billings, Montana, and Denver, Colorado an easy half-day drive away. This town is where people want to live in a place where they can go fishing after work, where the checker at the grocery store doesn’t need ID to accept their check, where they can enjoy the simple pleasure of listening to their children sing in the Community Children’s’ Chorale. Low population density, low crime rate, and a great location make the serenity of life in this city one of its most outstanding features. People work hard, but they work without the stress of living in a city where high-pressure jobs are matched by high-pressure lifestyles. We’re in the middle of a desert area, 30 minutes from mountains and pristine rivers. The wildlife and majesty is all there for those that want to venture out. We’re centrally located, so everything in the state is within 3-4 hours, Yellowstone and Jackson Hole to name a few. There’s downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, hunting, fishing, camping, and hiking, 4-wheeling, snowmobiling, boating, etc.
More to know:
- Local airport with United Express service to Denver, CO
- Great public and private education opportunities for school age children
- Secondary Education – Central Wyoming College
- Access to University of Wyoming via Central Wyoming College
Close to Jackson Hole Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park
SLC Utah – 4.5 hours away by car
Billings, MT – 4 hours away by car
Denver, Colorado – 6 hours away by carMarket CNO opening in WY
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services