Job opening in a small hospital located in North Central NM, about 45 mins from Santa Fe, has a need for a Night shift Respiratory Therapist to join their team. They will consider a CRT or RRT.
- Measures lung capacity and analyzes blood samples using a blood gas analyzer.
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
- Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient’s illness and provides information about community support groups and other resources.
- Monitors, receives, stocks, and distributes respiratory care supplies and medical gas cylinders.
- Maintains storage areas with required supply levels and equipment.
- Disassembles, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, and performs preventative maintenance and calibration of machines.
Minimum Education: Associate’s degree required
Required Skills: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) current upon hire. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS/ENPC) within six (6) month of hire and Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) within six (6) months of hire. New hires will have ninety (90) days from date of hire to obtain American Heart Association certifications. Notwithstanding this ‘grace period’ for obtaining American Heart Association certifications, employees are not excused from being current in any and all existing certifications that are required for their position as outlined in the position job description.
Licenses: Current licensure as a Respiratory Care Therapist or Technician in the state of NM
This city is a place of ancient village sites, spectacular scenery, diverse wildlife, uncommon high-altitude recreational opportunities, small-town friendliness, world-class cultural activities, fascinating history, and world-changing technology development. Visit us and you will make your own discoveries at every turn in the road, bend in the trail, and visit to one of our many attractions. The city’s community life features small-town living with friendly neighbors, low crime, and an excellent school system. Cultural and recreational opportunities abound. The scenery and natural surroundings are truly awe-inspiring. The city is a forty-minute drive to Santa Fe, a city with an international reputation for southwest culture, arts, and cuisine. The residents have the dual benefit of small town living coupled with close proximity to a diverse variety of cultural and entertainment possibilities.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Respiratory Therapist Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services