Job opening in a 100+ bed hospital located about 45 mins from Raleigh, NC, for an Infection Preventionist/Employee Health Manager to join their team. Candidates MUST have their CIC certification and MUST be a RN. This is non-negotiable. The current Manager is retiring so they would like to fill this quickly so the incoming Manager can shadow the current Manager before she leaves. The hospital has around 700 employees.
As the Infection Preventionist, you will be responsible for:
Coordinates, implements, and evaluates the organization’s infection prevention and control program to ensure consistent high-quality patient care for the hospital. The role of the Infection Control Practitioner is to provide education, consultation, surveillance of infection control and prevention activities. The Infection Control Practitioner assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures designed to improve patient care and safety through infection prevention and control. The Infection Control Practitioner must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate and develop process improvements that will reduce harm caused by the spread or development of health care acquired infections including, but limited to, CAUTI/HAUTI, CLABSI, C difficile, MRSA, SSI, PNA, and Sepsis.
As the Employee Health Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manages the post-offer health assessment process in accordance with specific policy and procedures.
- Identifies any specific needs of healthcare worker that may affect performance.
- Manages the Influenza Program, Annual Health Program, Covid 19, and Hep B Program.
- Manages the blood borne pathogen exposures.
- Assists with the management of the return to work process for non-work related absences.
- Administers the Drug Free Workplace Program random screening.
- Monitors associate illness trends and work cooperatively with Infection Control when communicable diseases are identified.
- Assists Employee Health Coordinator with workplace injuries and exposures in accordance with state Workers
- Compensation and OSHA regulations. Counsel and refer associates who have been exposed to blood/body fluids.
- Conducts substance abuse testing in accordance with current policy to include post job offer, random, post accident, reasonable suspicion, and fit for duty testing.
- Ensures compliance with Joint Commission standards and CDC regulations as it relates to employee health.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required; Master’s degree preferred
Minimum Experience: Five years minimum in Infection Control, Employee Health
Certifications: CIC certification required; Basic Life Support (BLS)
Licenses: Current registration as an RN in state (or eligibility to do so)
The city is nestled in the heart of central North Carolina and is located only 40 minutes southwest of Raleigh, the state capitol, and just 40 minutes from the gates of Fort Bragg Military base. With gorgeous beaches and majestic mountains less than three hours away, residents can easily slip away for a little R&R. But what people really love is right here in town: a vibrant arts scene and resort-quality recreation, not to mention great weather, year-round . The area is paced for pleasure, with so much to do. You can enjoy golfing, kayaking, biking, picnicking, camping, boating and swimming as well. Visit Historic Downtown featuring historic buildings, one-of-a-kind shopping and dining experiences.
Executive & Management Recruitment Services