Job opening in a 300+ bed hospital on the Eastern shores of FL near Melbourne, for an experienced Lab Manager to join their team. All candidates MSUT be ASCP certified and eligible to obtain the FL license in all 5 areas of the lab as well as the Supervisor’s license. The Manager will be overseeing 80 FTEs.
Under the direction of the laboratory administrative director and working closely with the laboratory medical director, the Laboratory Manager is responsible for the operational functions and activities of the department of laboratory services. The Laboratory Manager assumes responsibility for staff performance, staffing and quality of laboratory services.
- Responsible for working in a safe and protective manner at all times, keeping in mind that safety and environmental hazards are the responsibility of all employees for themselves, other staff members and patients.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the department of laboratory.
- Maintains a knowledge base of current clinical laboratory concepts through attendance of relevant seminars, and review of literature/journals.
- Assists laboratory director to design, implement and maintain departmental policies procedures that are consistent with those of the hospital.
- Oversees staff orientation, competency, continuing education and professional growth opportunities in conjunction with the laboratory director.
- Promotes an environment that supports and encourages open communication and ensures CCIRH core values.
- Demonstrates knowledge of time management techniques to accomplish maximum productivity, organization and priority setting.
- Collaborates with the administrative laboratory director to establish annual department goals and objectives in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Adheres to human resources policies in regards to employee health requirements, employee status changes, LOAs and terminations.
- Provides timely, ongoing communication with the laboratory administrative director and the laboratory medical director.
- Responsible for monitoring proficiency testing program in compliance with CAP requirements.
- Responsible for distribution, and timely completion of employee performance evaluations. Provides feedback on evaluations as appropriate.
- Responsible for laboratory compliance of the hospital and laboratory quality programs.
- Assists with the review of payroll and ongoing monitoring of cost containment in regards to overtime and per diem hours.
- Responsible for the review and processing of incoming accounts payable to comply with budget.
- Assists administrative director and medical director as requested.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory agency, compliance and licensing requirements.
- Proven ability to motivate, train, encourage and empower employees.
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and organization skills.
- Must have the ability to function autonomously and possess effective time management skills.
- Commitment to promoting high standards of patient care and customer service.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of current laboratory theory and practice.
- Six (6) years of clinical experience required with a Bachelor’s Degree in a biological science or healthcare administration.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Registration and Technologist Licensure under Florida Clinical Laboratory Law.
- Licensed as a Supervisor under Florida Clinical Laboratory Law in at least four (4) areas; five (5) preferred.
- Medical Technologist Certification by ASCP preferred.
An elegant city located along Florida’s Atlantic Coast, this beach town is a haven for golf, water sports and fishing. Peaceful beaches, museums, nature tours and a range of hotels make this town a terrific vacation destination and an important part of the region known as the Treasure Coast. The city also offers a fine selection of shops – both downtown and in large shopping malls – and delectable cuisine for all budgets. You can also find museums, art galleries and many parks, some of which offer access to an enticing network of rivers and inlets.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services