Job opening in a hospital located in the Tri-Cities, WA area, for a Lab Supervisor to join their team. This is a day shift position.
Under the general direction of the Director of Laboratory Services, the Technical Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for all issues related to the day to day operations of the hospital’s laboratory. The Technical Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for the scheduling, work assignments, supervision of daily lab operations and personnel and maintenance of critical laboratory records. Works with the Director of Laboratory Services to ensure the efficient, service-oriented and cost effective operation of the lab; in conjunction with the Director of Laboratory Services, is responsible for the accreditation and compliance requirements for all hospital lab operations; ensures adequate staffing levels in the lab to meet the service needs of the hospital. Manages supplies and materials to operate the lab. Must be able to perform work as a clinical laboratory analyst as needed. MT or MLS (ASCP) required
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the clinical laboratory.
- Responsible for staffing levels including preparing and maintaining work schedules for laboratory staff.
- Insure all technical staff are adequately trained in their duties.
- Works with Quality Technologist for quality management and reporting.
- Provides recommendation and suggestions for standardization of equipment, procedures and methods.
- Works with the Quality Technologist to Ensure that 90 day and annual competencies are completed and documented on time and employees are adequately trained.
- Assist the Quality Technologist and Director of Laboratory Services in meeting all regulatory compliance standards at the hospital. Review records for regulatory compliance and take actions or recommendations for corrective actions as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring laboratory supplies are ordered as needed and cost containment programs are in place.
- Demonstrates effective judgment in the selection and utilization of various data sources to identify problems in the delivery of laboratory results.
- Demonstrates flexibility as the needs of the laboratory change.
- Implements and supports the laboratory’s objectives, decisions and policies.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Laboratory Services provides for timely and constructive performance reviews; administers employee corrective action and discipline including employee warnings and counseling.
- Designated time and attendance responsibility for input and changes for assigned hospital staff.
- Attends professional meetings as needed.
- Works with Quality Technologists and Director of Laboratory Service to ensure POCT testing program is in compliance with regulatory requirements including testing personnel competencies.
- May work as a Medical Technologist as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Must be an ASCP registered Medical Technologist or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas.
Welcome to the Tri-Cities where 300 sun-filled days offer visitors a year-round outdoor paradise. Fun in the sun is a way of life in the Tri-Cities; river action abounds on the Columbia, Snake, and Yakima rivers. Recreational and sports enthusiasts will love the Tri-Cities. Visitors can enjoy one of the three professionals sports teams. And with everything from bicycling to bowling, hunting to fishing, and soccer to water-skiing, the recreational opportunities are endless. The area’s ten beautiful courses challenge the most experienced golfer, but can be enjoyed by the beginner as well. After savoring just one of the local premium wines, visitors will understand why the area has been rightfully called the “Heart of Washington Wine Country.” The Tri-Cities boasts more than 160 wineries within a 60-mile radius, producing some of the finest wines in the world. The confluence of the Snake, Yakima and Columbia Rivers has produced an aquatic playground second to none. The area’s inviting waterways beckon water lovers from all over the region to enjoy sailing, power and pleasure boating, waterskiing, swimming, fishing, windsurfing, and much more.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services