Job opening in a 300+ bed hospital on the Eastern shores of FL near Melbourne, for an experienced Chemistry Supervisor to join their team. All candidates MSUT be ASCP certified and eligible to obtain the FL license in all 5 areas of the lab as well as the Supervisor’s license.
To provide superior quality, competitive value and outstanding service through the timely chemical analysis of patient specimens. The Chemistry Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the chemistry, special chemistry, toxicology, and reference testing sections of the laboratory.
- Supervision of workflow and maximizes personnel resources as measured by variance of no more than 5% over FTE budget.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility as measured by a variance of no more than 5% over expense budget.
- Annual performance reviews completed and shared with associate by associate’s anniversary date.
- Dashboard quality indicators goals met for area(s) of responsibility.
- Helps to develop and implement each fiscal year budget.
- Contributes to operational effectiveness through timely completion of projects at the discretion of management with no more than two projects/tasks being completed after deadline.
- Monitors inventory and weekly ordering of supplies.
- Builds and maintains a positive work environment for associates and promotes departmental participation.
- Investigates and supervises evaluation of new technical procedures and instrumentation.
- Counsels and performs verbal corrective action and if required, proceeds to a written notice of corrective action in conjunction with the laboratory manager.
- Meets and satisfies needs of all customers, documents complaints from customers by responding to all concerns, questions and complaints.
- Demonstrates commitment of the healthcare team by showing respect and courtesy to all fellow associates, by problem-solving and follow-through on customer issues and by cooperating and requesting to help others as department needs arise.
- Updates department policy and procedure manual.
- Assures preventative and corrective maintenance is performed on equipment and instruments. Is able to troubleshoot problems and identify and implement appropriate corrective actions. Assures accurate records are maintained and provides timely feedback to staff to ensure improvements.
- Assists administrative director, manager of laboratory services, and section supervisors as requested.
- Ensures safety standards are met and policies and procedures are followed.
- Gathers information to support the deletion, addition or modification of laboratory tests as directed by government regulations.
- Reviews all instrument QC, calibrations, and linearity of test methods on a monthly or quarterly basis as required, provides timely feedback to staff to ensure improvements.
- Provides direction in proficiency testing of technical personnel; informs laboratory manager and medical director of outliers.
- Exhibits a positive attitude, is flexible in thinking, and amenable to change.
- Keeps up with chemistry statistical data. Provides monthly quality assurance measurements as outlined in the laboratory quality improvement program.
- Prepares, evaluates, institutes and monitors new procedures as required.
- Is familiar with and abides by safety regulations and is aware of responsibility in the event of a fire or disaster.
- Is devoted to quality service and actively participates in QM.
- Reviews all work performed in assigned section(s) or shift in order to assure completeness and accuracy, and timely documented reporting of critical values and stats.
- Consistently ensures that test results correlate with patient diagnosis and each other. Questions all incompatible results and notification values and directs repeats as necessary. Documents investigative processes.
- Assures the proper utilization of pending logs in section(s) or shift in order to prevent missed testing and enhance turn-around-times.
- Investigates, approves new procedures/methods, providing technical expertise, keeping current on latest research and technology.
- Sets and implements standards/goals for section in line with mission statement and Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital’s goals/objectives.
- Associate’s Degree required; Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
- Supervisor license in at least four (4) areas; five (5) areas preferred.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years in chemistry supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be willing and able to work with bio-hazardous/toxic materials following the OSHA guidelines.
An elegant city located along Florida’s Atlantic Coast, this beach town is a haven for golf, water sports and fishing. Peaceful beaches, museums, nature tours and a range of hotels make this town a terrific vacation destination and an important part of the region known as the Treasure Coast. The city also offers a fine selection of shops – both downtown and in large shopping malls – and delectable cuisine for all budgets. You can also find museums, art galleries and many parks, some of which offer access to an enticing network of rivers and inlets.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services