Job opening in a 85+ bed hospital located in Northern VA, near Manassas, and 40 miles from Washington DC, for a Blood Bank Med Tech to join their team. This is a Day shift position.
The Blood Bank Clinical Specialist is responsible for the daily technical operations of a specific functional laboratory section. Ensures that all procedures are performed as defined in the sections’ policy and procedure manuals as approved by the Medical Director. Responsible for the proper operation of equipment, review of Quality Control and test results, maintaining policy and procedure manuals, training and mentoring staff technologists, assistants, and students for that section.
- Bachelor’s degree, Exception: Approved under the ASCP Grandfather clause in Histology; certified prior to 2004. Medical Lab Scientist (MLS ASCP). 4 years in specialty area (Blood Bank).
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology. SBB preferred in BB.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Fast-paced city life melts into the distance, and your eyes open to the beauty, charm and wonder of Virginia’s Horse & Wine Country. Just 40 miles west of Washington, D.C., at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our pristine parks offer boating, hiking, fishing, playgrounds, and more. Over 26 wineries featuring unique award-winning wines and incredible vistas. Farm tours, pick-your-own farms & orchards, corn mazes, and more. Painting & sculpting, music, theatre, dancing… Find your creative outlet here.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Blood Bank Specialist Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.