Job opening for a Director, Nursing Research located in Ohio.
- Reports to SVP of Nursing
- No direct reports
- Position open due to the retirement of Director
- Magnet facility
- 5 hospitals & many ambulatory sites
- 3,000 RNs and 9,000 total associates
- Flat organization. All Directors have system responsibility which translates to incredible consistency across the organization
- Superior culture – everyone in the organizations knows the organization’s direction and how their work contributes
- Faith-based with a focus on serving the most vulnerable. Care before finances
- Strong nursing leadership that advocates for the staff
- Will work closely with the Director of Nursing Excellence and the Director of Nursing Performance Improvement
- Focus will continue to be on the integration and execution of evidence based practice in nursing
- Heavy education work load
- Oversees the Nursing Research Program
- Have a residency program and this Director will add an evidence based practice project to the curriculum
- The Director will lead the research fellowship program
- The SVP of Nursing is open to supporting an academic appointment for the person in this role
- Collaborates with clinical educators, Nurse Managers, and staff nurses to identify educational needs of the nursing staff regarding research.
- Provides educational opportunities for nursing staff through seminars, journal clubs, and classes.
- Meets with nursing staff on a regular basis at staff meetings to provide education about research and to support research efforts.
- Plans an annual Nursing Research Day.
- Identifies research priorities within the organization.
- Fosters the development of a practice environment conducive to the conduct and utilization of nursing research and evidence based practice.
- Integrates nursing research with quality improvement activities to assure Magnet-level policies/procedures, and practice standards.
- Reviews nursing research proposals to assure scientific merit.
- Designs and evaluates strategies for effective/efficient patient care by conducting research to advance innovations in clinical practice.
- Mentors nurses participating in nursing research activities.
- Advisor to the Nursing Research Council and serves as a member of the IRB.
- Develops avenues for professional achievement of staff and leaders including publishing, presentations, and posters
- Promotes collaborative research among nursing service personnel and faculty from colleges of nursing.
- Serves as a liaison to faculty/students seeking to conduct research studies.
- Facilitates the IRB process for investigators conducting nursing research studies.
- Promotes interdisciplinary and community-wide research efforts.
- Ensures communication of progress and outcomes of research through periodic reports, publications, and presentations.
- Seeks grants to fund nursing research.
- Collaborates with nursing leadership to provide strategic vision and direction for the advancement of nursing research.
- Assists others in the interpretation and synthesis of existing research evidence.
- Consults with faculty, staff, and students to conduct research and use findings in practice.
- Assists others to prepare articles for publication.
- Serves in a consulting role with managers and staff to support clinical advancement.
- Serves as a liaison with area nursing schools/colleges to coordinate nursing research and evidence practice application in the clinical setting.
- Writes articles to submit for publication.
- Participates in necessary training and independent learning to maintain knowledge of current Magnet standards, processes, and requirements and other regulatory requirements.
- Seeking a PhD with MSN (Magnet requirement) with research experience (no recently minted PhDs)
- Engaging, dynamic personality and exceptional communication skills are essential
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.