Job opening in a 50+ bed hospital located about 40 mins from Portland, OR, for an experienced HR Director to join their team. Candidates MUST have hospital HR Director experience and MUST have strong union experience. They are looking for the HR Director to be willing to “roll up their sleeves” yet also be more strategic rather than transactional. They have a great staff in HR with a HR Business Partner, a Generalist, a person for benefits and an Assistant.
The Human Resource Director (HRD) is a strategic partner to the Facility CEO and other leadership team members, responsible for defining, developing, and implementing human resources initiatives. The HRD is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all areas of Human Resources, including: employee relations, talent acquisition and assessment, compensation management, performance management, training and leader-ship development, policy and procedures; and managing a team of HR professionals. The HRD reports directly to the hospital CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree – Required
- Masters degree – Preferred
- PHR/SPHR Preferred
- Five years of progressive HR experience with a concentration on Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Training and Development and Compensation Management preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Supervisory experience overseeing various HR support roles preferred.
- Previous experience overseeing the employee relations of a large number of employees in multi-site setting highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law, CMS, OSHA and TJC regulatory compliance.
- This job description in no way states or implies that the key accountabilities or qualifications above are the only ones required or performed by the individual(s) with this job description.
- This individual(s) may be called upon and required to follow or perform other duties and tasks requested by his or her supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objectives.
High Five Guiding Principles Will practice using the High Five Guiding Principles:
- Delivering high quality patient care. Supporting physicians. Creating excellent workplaces for employees
- Taking a leadership role in the community. Ensuring fiscal responsibility.
- Strives daily to give all customers excellent care and promotes Willamette Valley Medical Centers’ Standards of Behavior.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all areas of Human Resources within the assigned facility.
- Lead the activities of Human Resources staff members in the hospital including defining expectations, training and managing performance.
- Work in conjunction with and take direction from Human Resources Business
- Partners to ensure alignment of HR Strategy and Vision.
- Responsible for developing and implementing effective, strategic recruitment, retention and succession planning programs, adhering to metrics and an analysis driven strategy.
- Serves as a liaison with the hospital leadership team, communicating and leading
- HR strategic initiatives, analysis and recommendations.
- Develop an expectation of consistent administration and application of HR policies, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Provide advice and counsel to facility management regarding appropriate progressive discipline; attend disciplinary meetings, investigations when appropriate and facilitate terminations to promote a positive employee/employer relationship.
- Direct the development and maintenance of competitive compensation programs utilizing market data and Human Resources Business Partners support.
- Responsible for ensuring HR compliance and readiness for Joint Commission, state/local surveys, Sarbanes Oxley Act audits and other audits.
- Develop and utilize effective communication channels for educating and informing employees on various topics, with a focus on employee engagement (including, but not limited to employee benefits changes, policy changes, legal updates, training and development).
- Provide primary oversight and leadership for various HR related programs/initiatives, including Workers Compensation program, Performance Management program, HR Data integrity and data entry, Leave of Absence program, payroll activities in coordination with vendor.
- Develop, monitor, review, coordinate and facilitate training programs, as needed, in alignment with hospital and organizational strategies.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Takes an active role in and supports the hospitals community efforts Regular and reliable attendance.
- To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Required: Bachelors or better in Human Resource Administration or related field.
- Required: 5 years: Experience in Human Resource Management in an organization of at least 150 employees
Licenses & Certifications
- Preferred: Prof. Human Resources, Sr. Prof Human Resources
Explore a region whose farm-to-fork food scene is paired with a legacy of wine — and plenty of ways to build up an appetite. Life’s simple pleasures can be found in a valley where farms, vineyards and forests reign supreme. Hit trails through old-growth trees to surging waterfalls and epic vistas, or pedal down a scenic backcountry road through covered bridges. These communities are tight-knit and talented, so take your time admiring their creativity and you might meet the makers too. Whether it’s the nostalgic feeling of walking below the majestic maple trees lining the historic downtown’s shopping district, or the satisfying sensation of drinking some of the world’s best Pinot Noir grown and fermented at a vineyard just down the road, you’re sure to experience the warmth and friendliness in this town.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.