Job opening in a hospital located about an hour from Tucson, AZ, for an experienced HR Director to join their team. Candidates MUST have a Master’s Degree and lots of hospital HR Director experience. They need a strong leader in this role.
The Human Resource Director (HRD) is a strategic partner to the Facility CEO and other leadership team members, responsible for defining, developing, and implementing human resources initiatives. The HRD is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all areas of Human Resources, including: employee relations, talent acquisition and assessment, compensation management, performance management, training and leader-ship development, policy and procedures; and managing a team of HR professionals. The HRD reports directly to the hospital CEO, while receiving formal direction from the HSC Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP).
- Master’s degree required.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Five years of progressive HR experience with a concentration on Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Training and Development and Compensation Management in a hospital setting is REQUIRED.
- Supervisory experience overseeing various HR support roles required.
- Previous experience overseeing the employee relations of a large number of employees in multi-site setting highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law, CMS, OSHA and TJC regulatory compliance.
- PHR/SPHR Preferred
- Responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all areas of Human Resources within the assigned facility.
- Lead the activities of Human Resources staff members in the hospital including defining expectations, training and managing performance.
- Work in conjunction with and take direction from HRBP to ensure alignment of HR Strategy and Vision.
- Responsible for developing and implementing effective, strategic recruitment, retention and succession planning programs, adhering to metrics and an analysis driven strategy.
- Serves as a liaison with the hospital leadership team, communicating and leading HR strategic initiatives, analysis and recommendations.
- Develop an expectation of consistent administration and application of HR policies, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Provide advice and counsel to facility management regarding appropriate progressive discipline; attend disciplinary meetings, investigations when appropriate and facilitate terminations to promote a positive employee/employer relationship.
- Direct the development and maintenance of competitive compensation programs utilizing market data and HRBP support.
- Responsible for ensuring HR compliance and readiness for Joint Commission, state/local surveys, SOX audits and other audits.
- Develop and utilize effective communication channels for educating and informing employees on various topics, with a focus on employee engagement (including, but not limited to employee benefits changes, policy changes, legal updates, training and development).
- Provide primary oversight and leadership for various HR related programs/initiatives, including Workers Compensation program, Performance Management program, HR Data integrity and data entry, Leave of Absence program, payroll activities in coordination with vendor.
- Develop, monitor, review, coordinate and facilitate training programs, as needed, in alignment with hospital and organizational strategies.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Takes an active role in and supports the hospitals community efforts Regular and reliable attendance.
- To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Additional Information:
- Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, patients, contractors, and vendors.
- Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA).
- Skilled in the application of policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations, and state regulatory environments as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Discover soaring mountain peaks under extraordinary skies, rich history, and room to roam. With 275 days of sunshine and a temperate climate, the city is a year ’round destination for outdoor adventure, authentic history, and global cuisine. The city is located just over an hour from Tucson, AZ. Tucked into Arizona’s lower right corner, the County invites you to disconnect and recharge. The expanse of mountain and sky, from sunrise to sunset, makes flipping your phone from selfie to scenic simple. Discover a just-right climate, with short-sleeve temperatures, sunny days, and starry nights. Walk, hike, bike, or climb the landscape that bears the names of legends, like Chiricahua, Cochise, Geronimo, Slaughter, and the infamous Tombstone. You’ll find endless exploration and plenty of ways to get in your 10,000 steps. Settle into world-class birding hotspots that offer sightings of more than 400 bird species. The city is often referred to as the best seat in Mother Nature’s house. With a panoramic view of Arizona’s Sky Islands rising up to impossibly blue skies by day and star-splashed skies by night, the city is your ultimate vantage point for infinite exploration.
Shop galleries and farmers markets. Fill up on authentic international cuisine, fiery Mexican, and hearty cowboy fare served from food trucks, diners, and white tablecloth restaurants. Your inner foodie will thank you. Then sip award-winning wines or a cool microbrew. You’ll be amazed at the variety of attractions, activities, events, accommodations, and restaurants in town and the surrounding area. Looking to discover mountain peaks and cool canyons, military history and ghost towns, wildlife watching and award winning wines? This is the place for you!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.