Job opening in a 100 bed hospital located in Southern TN, for an experienced Director of Surgical Services to join their team.
# of FTEs Number of employees in depts: 18
# of OR rooms 5 plus OR in OB
# of surgeries a year about 2200
- Directs the department’s activities and resources to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- BSN Required; Master’s degree Preferred
- 3-5 years of surgical services management experience
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Basic Life Support (BLS),
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS),
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Current and active Registered Nurse license in the State of Tennessee.
This city is home to a robust educational scene, including eight elementary schools, one middle school, three high schools, private education opportunities and college campuses. The county is also home to a thriving Amish community, and the town is recognized as the Birthplace of Southern Gospel Music. Festivals and celebrations abound throughout the year, including the Summertown Bluegrass Festivals and David Crockett Days. Nashville’s entertainment and cultural activities lie just 80 miles north. The local State Park features campgrounds, LEED-certified vacation cabins, an Olympic-size swimming pool and modern bathhouse, a children’s wading pool, a paved bicycle trail, hiking, volleyball, tennis and a restaurant. A large lake offers 325 acres of fishing, row boating, canoeing and pedal boating. And golfers can tee off at one of three unique courses in the county.
Huntsville, AL (65)
Nashville, TN (80)
Chattanooga, TN (140)
Memphis, TN (170)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.