Job opening in a midsized hospital located in South Carolina, for a Physician Practice Director for Cardiology and Vascular Services to join their team. Candidates MUST have Cardiology Practice experience and at least 5 years of management experience.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations/functions of the medical office, physicians and associates in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. Responsible for current licenses/certifications and primary source validation. Oversees and is responsible for all aspects related to the offices and the revenue cycle. Responsible for the maintaining of compliance, training, registration, eligibility, coding, billing, claims, collections, reporting and credentialing. Responsible for daily payroll and accounts payable. Coordinates with senior leadership to promote physician services, strategic planning, supply chain management, budget preparation, and employee satisfaction. Practices the effective cost control measures through economic utilization of staff, materials and equipment. Monitors budget variances and plans appropriate adjustments. Responsible for supporting and carrying out all established policies and practices. Manages departmental expense and monitors volume/revenue generation to assure that practice financials are met or exceeded. Demonstrates Service Excellence and conveys professionalism at all times and strong motivation to achieve optimum results. All other duties as assigned.
- Ensure smooth, accurate, efficient, safe, high quality, compliant, productive operations of assigned medical practices in accordance with state, federal and local regulations and requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain office policies and procedures. Uphold IPM and UHS policies, goals and standards.
- Reviews practice related reports: patient satisfaction, quality dashboards, revenue cycle reports, productivity dashboards, P&Ls, etc.
- Emphasizes high quality patient care.
- Champions IPM and market initiatives.
- Resolves issues regarding staffing, office space, equipment and supplies.
- Manages supply chain cycle (ordering, pre-approval, check request, A/P), in relation to volumes/revenue generation to assure financials are met and/or exceeded.
- Support and promote providers’ revenue generating activities. Implement and support providers’ marketing and action planning around practice volume increases.
- Collaborates with EMR specialists to improve usage and workflow with templates, schedules, EMR and dictation software.
- Serves as primary liaison for all internal and external stakeholders fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Fosters patient centered environment focused on quality, safety and patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills at all times.
Practices being a self-starter with high productivity, professionalism and positive can-do attitude.
Human Resources/Team building/Leadership
- Exhibits effective leadership skills through planning, organizing, directing and coordinating practice functions in relation to IPM and UHS vision, mission, goals, values and policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the established UHS principles of Service Excellence.
- Facilitate consistent and productive formal and informal communication and practice rounding with all practice personnel, including providers.
- Promotes professional development of staff through competency based job descriptions.
- Assigns appropriate tasks and provides resources to allow staff to perform successfully and provides timely feedback for positive actions and any area of improvement.
- Recruits, on boards, orients and trains staff to meet practice and organizational needs.
- Monitors, mentors and documents staff performance, taking appropriate actions (to include corrective action, when warranted) in a timely basis.
- Participates in performance evaluations.
- Participates in and coordinates new employee and provider onboarding process.
- Appropriate delegation of responsibilities.
- Consistently and fairly executes policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality and is compliant with HIPAA at all times.
- Emphasizes high quality and takes action to improve.
Financial knowledge and cost-effective leadership
- Monitors overhead expense and works with providers and clinic staff to continuously improve expenses, maintain a lean operations model and minimize provider subsidy.
- Monitors A/R and revenue cycle dashboards for assigned practices and takes necessary steps to achieve/exceed goals.
- Collects data, prepares reports and analyzes practice statistics, addressing variances with development of action plans to address needed adjustments..
- Adequately staffs and adjusts staffing ratios to volume.
- Works with front-end team to reduce first pass denials, secures eligibility, referrals, and capture of point of service cash.
- Able to answer basic provider statistical questions on individual and practice volume and billing stats.
- Oversight of daily cash collection through reconciliation, deposit and documentation of deposit process.
- Works with providers to ensure encounters and charts closed in a timely fashion.
Effective problem solving, process improvement and decisions making
- Exhibits the ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks concurrently to meet deadlines.
- Recognizes and identifies causes of problems and issues (root cause analysis).
- Appropriate action planning and process improvement
- Ownership and accountability of problems and issues.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and is solution focused in problems resolution
- Exhibit the ability to multitask, remaining calm under stressful situations and problem solving in a timely manner.
Strategic planning, initiative and project management
- Participates in annual operating and capital budget preparation for assigned practices.
- Coordinates with senior leadership in strategic planning, supply chain management.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years healthcare supervisory experience required.
- In lieu of degree, 7+ years healthcare supervisory/management experience or CMPE certification.
- CMPE certification
- Five (5) years healthcare supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, EMR systems, medical and billing terminology, healthcare or hospital office settings, service excellence, revenue cycle operations and recruiting, training, leading and performance management of staff.
- Multitasking, decision making, process improvement, project management, interpersonal, communication, leadership, computer proficiency, excellent customer service and business savvy.
Welcome to this beautiful city! Shop, dine, and catch live music while meandering quaint downtown streets, gaze at an iconic oak canopy, experience the equestrian culture, and take a historic trolley tour. This city quickly rises to the top as home to many thoroughbred champions—where polo matches and fox hunts are a way of life. If you are looking for a place that offers all the amenities you’ll ever need, a place that offers a perfect balance between the charm and grace of yesterday and the promise of tomorrow, you will find it here. With its rich heritage, impeccable beauty, cosmopolitan flair, and unparalleled quality of life, this is the ideal place to come and spend a day, a week, or a lifetime. It offers distinctiveness often unheard of in today’s world, where affordable housing, award-winning schools, diverse recreational opportunities, and a progressive approach to business go hand-in-hand to offer something for every lifestyle.
The city is ideally located close to it all. With easy access to Fort Gordon, Augusta and Columbia employment opportunities abound. The beach and the mountains are within driving distance, and in three hours, one can be in Asheville, Charlotte, Atlanta, Charleston or Savannah. The residents have the best of both worlds—they can enjoy big city life without having to live in a large metropolitan area. The climate is another plus; the residents can enjoy the change of seasons without prolonged severe weather.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Physician Practice Director Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me.