Job opening in a small hospital located near Kennewick, WA, for an experienced CNO to join their team. Candidates MUST have prior CNO experience to be considered. For profit hospital experience is preferred. They are looking for a CNO that is also willing to be hands on.
Originally conceived in 1916, today this Health system encompasses a number of facilities and physician practices in the Mid-Columbia area, including a critical access, acute care hospital with an award-winning Joint and Spine Center, a medical plaza, the Occupational Health Center, the Health and Wellness Center and the Counseling Center. The hospital was one of two Washington hospitals to receive the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award two years in a row, placing it in the top five percent in the U.S. for patient safety.
- Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse. Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
Education: Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization. Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
Certifications: Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
Welcome to the Tri-Cities where 300 sun-filled days offer visitors a year-round outdoor paradise. Fun in the sun is a way of life in the Tri-Cities; river action abounds on the Columbia, Snake, and Yakima rivers. Recreational and sports enthusiasts will love the Tri-Cities. Visitors can enjoy one of the three professionals sports teams. And with everything from bicycling to bowling, hunting to fishing, and soccer to water-skiing, the recreational opportunities are endless. The area’s ten beautiful courses challenge the most experienced golfer, but can be enjoyed by the beginner as well. After savoring just one of the local premium wines, visitors will understand why the area has been rightfully called the “Heart of Washington Wine Country.” The Tri-Cities boasts more than 160 wineries within a 60-mile radius, producing some of the finest wines in the world. The confluence of the Snake, Yakima and Columbia Rivers has produced an aquatic playground second to none. The area’s inviting waterways beckon water lovers from all over the region to enjoy sailing, power and pleasure boating, waterskiing, swimming, fishing, windsurfing, and much more.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me