Job opening in a 200+ bed hospital in Southern Virginia, for a Director of Women’s & Children’s Services to join their team. The Director will oversee 13 FTEs, and they have 8 beds, 5 that are equipped for L&D.
This position assumes the leadership role of care within Women’s and Children’s Services. This position may require working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Oversees the day to day operations of the patient care in the postpartum GYN, Labor and Delivery, Nursery, and Pediatric units, to include accountability for quality patient care, nursing staff performance and evaluation, budget development and management, staff development, education for staff and community. The director also identifies and addresses patients’ needs and priorities, and develops classes to meet these needs. Responsible for curriculum and keeping up to date on the changing needs of our patients and families. Promotes collaborative practice with other departments, physicians, and schools of nursing, and exhibits the ability to work with others, to find solutions to difficult technical or administrative problems.
- Graduate from a program in nursing required; Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Three (3) years’ of experience as a Manager/Director
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an acute hospital setting required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) American Heart Association (AHA) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) American Heart Association (AHA) required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) American Heart Association (AHA)
- Neonatal Resuscitation required
- Current RN license in the Commonwealth of Virginia or compact State required
This city is positioned on the southern border of Virginia. This thriving community is conveniently positioned within a day’s drive to 60% of the U.S. population, and is strategically located within 50 miles of the major metropolitan areas of Roanoke, Virginia and Greensboro, North Carolina. Trout-filled rivers, quiet lakes and gentle mountains surround this beautiful location that’s full of rich history. Home to some of the finest recreational and cultural activities in the country, the city is proud of our excellent medical facilities, innovative school systems and advantageous housing opportunities. Our climate is just right for those who enjoy all four seasons with cool winters and pleasant summers. And with a scenic backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the spring and autumn seasons are simply breathtaking.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Director of Women’s & Children’s Services Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text-the quickest way to reach me