Job opening in a 150+ bed hospital in beautiful, sunny Northwestern Arizona for a Lab Director to join their team. The Director will be overseeing 34 FTEs along with a Lab Manager and Lead Techs. The Lab performed 475,000 billable tests in 2019. Our current director is staying on as a seasonal employee, but wishes to semi-retire at this time.
The Laboratory Director is responsible for the direction and effective operation of the Laboratory Department which includes planning, controlling and monitoring operational performance of the Laboratory; ensuring compliance with departmental and administrative policies and procedures; ensuring compliance with JCAHO, state and federal regulatory agencies; ensuring compliance with the College of American Pathologists standards and performance of surveys; developing/monitoring quality control programs; developing/monitoring continuous quality improvement, and participating in interdepartmental quality management; and ensuring quality and timeliness of patient test results by investigating problems involving specimen collection.
- Chief Operating Officer
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or related science discipline required.
- Required MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP) or equivalent
Minimum Work Experience
- 6 years technical bench level, at least 3 years Laboratory Leadership experience required in Hospital Setting.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- [United States] Clinical Laboratory Personnel Technologist
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Lab Director Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text