Well known as a Denver institution and a 9th Avenue landmark for more than 60 years, has earned a reputation as Denver’s “Baby Hospital” while becoming a leader in comprehensive women’s services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery. With origins in Jewish teachings, traditions and community, the founders built the hospital to “serve the need of every creed.” By offering a high level of expertise and service across all disciplines, this has truly become a destination hospital, attracting patients from throughout Colorado and around the world.
The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships, networks to deliver upon organizational, and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Required
- Master’s degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field, Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing, Required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role, Preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) Preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) Preferred
- 23 OR’s covers 2 locations- Endo, Cherry Creek
- Must have OR experience. Needs to be able to scrub/circulate
- FTE’s 70-74
- 750-800 cases monthly
- Reports to the COO
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text