Job opening for a Revenue Cycle Director located in Southern Nebraska, 90 miles south of Lincoln, near the Kansas border.
17-bed Critical Access Hospital(Level IV) Trauma Center, and 5 clinics
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Healthcare Administration (Extensive experience and a successful track record in Revenue Cycle Management would be considered in place of a Bachelor’s degree)
- Master’s Degree in a related field preferred (MBA, MHA)
- Experience with Critical Access Hospitals and Rural Health Clinics required
- 5+ years of progressive Revenue Cycle Management experience required (either Health Information or Patient Financial Services or both)
- Successful history working with Medicare/Medicaid payment plans and regulations
- Preferred experience in Cerner EHR system
- Knowledge of CPT, HCSPCS, ICD-10 coding, revenue codes, & hospital/physician billing (claims processing)
- Have comprehensive knowledge of revenue cycle operations, either from a provider or payer perspective, with particular experience in performance improvement identification/implementation and monitoring controls.
- Relevant industry license/certifications preferred (CRCE, CRCP, CPAM, CRCR, CHFP or RHIT)
- Participation in relevant industry professional associations preferred (AAHAM or HFMA)
- Responsible for strategic alignment, management, and daily oversight of the organization’s revenue cycle functions including patient access, patient billing (including claims production), health information management (including coding), insurance follow-up, self-pay collections, cash receipts /adjustments (including administrative, bad debts, and charity care), compliance with third party payer regulations, insurance verification and provider enrollment/credentialing.
- The success of this position will be measured by improvement in key revenue cycle indicators such as: A/R days – gross, cash collections, bad debt expense percentage and provision for charity care percentage, denial percentage, and percentage of accounts over ninety (90) days old.
- Responsible for personnel development, implementing and maintaining department policies and procedures, and initiating disciplinary action according to policy.
- Ensures that the highest standards for the protection of confidential information which includes the security and integrity of the electronic health records.
- Serves as the Chief Privacy Officer who oversees all activities including the development, implementation, and maintenance of all policy and procedures to assure compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- Reports to Chief Financial Officer
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Revenue Cycle Director Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text