Job opening for a Director, Medical Staff Services position located in Southern California. Hospital has a great team of leaders specifically the COO.
Hospital is 380+-bed acute care facility. Fully accredited with over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical and dental specialties, the hospital is proud to be the community’s most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care.
An administrative professional who directs, coordinates and administers the operations and activities of the department in order to achieve the organization has established goals. The Director is a liaison between the Medical Staff and hospital management, and maintains good communication among all health disciplines and hospital departments. The Director assists the Medical Staff in accomplishing its required functions, and is responsible for the development of positive working relationships to accomplish short and long-range goals established by the Medical Staff and Administration.
- Stays abreast of accreditation standards and legal requirements pertaining to the medical staff.
- Alerts appropriate individuals and groups within the medical staff and hospital organization of relevant changes.
- Provides supportive services to the medical staff leaders.
- Assists the medical staff in developing long-range plans, and assists in their implementation where applicable.
- Assists in the development of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and is familiar with the hospital and Board of Trustees bylaws.
- Communicates relevant information concerning the medical staff to hospital personnel (such as performance improvement, continuing medical education information, etc.).
Coordinates Medical Staff Organization
- Supervises the credentialing and credentialing processes.
- Supervises the preparation of correspondence in reply to reference requests from other health care facilities regarding members of the medical staff.
- Make arrangements for general and special staff meetings and maintains records of those meetings.
- Maintains copies of the medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Maintains the financial records of the medical staff. Assures timely billing and collection of dues, and prepares financial reports.
- High school diploma required.
- Business or professional college with academic background.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in medical staff management and progressively responsible administrative work.
- A minimum of three year’s supervisory experience in an acute care facility (Hospital)
- Certification (CMSC) by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) is preferred.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text