Job opening in a midsized hospital located in Wisconsin, about an hour from both Madison and Milwaukee, for a Hospital HR Director to join their team. They are looking for someone with strong HR experience in all areas of HR, and experience in a HEALTHCARE setting! Current HRD is leaving in May.
The Human Resources Director (HRD) serves as a strategic leader, with HR expertise, to the CEO and hospital leadership team. This role is responsible for providing HR leadership and executing the HR strategy at the local level. This role assures that fundamental HR initiatives are in place and they support the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization.
The HRD provides strategic leadership by providing sound guidance and operationally sound HR direction. This role will serve as the broader HR liaison regarding HR policies and procedures. He/she operates independently to ensure objectivity and fairness for employees while supporting the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the company.
The HRD will have a dual reporting to the HSC AVP of Talent Operations and the CEO at the local hospital. This role will support and monitor implementation of company initiatives, policies and procedures, and to drive compliance and consistency across the hospital system.
- Total number of associates-727 FTEs-533.27
- HR FTE’s -3.0 (includes the HRD role)
Hospital Campus consists of the following:
- Senior Behavioral,
- Urgent Care,
- Wellness Center,
- Imaging & Diagnostics,
- Support Departments
- Heart & Vascular,
- Pain Management,
- Ortho & Sports Med.,
- General Surgery,
- Eye Center,
- Women’s Health
Offsite Clinics consist of the following:
- Primary Care in 3 locations
- Offsite Rehab clinic – 1 location
- Shared Services clinics – big corporation in 2 locations
- Unified School District
- Assisted Living Facilities – 2 locations
- Carry Out HR plans and strategies to support the overall Company business objectives
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of the hospital, regarding key organizational and management issues
- Working with the hospitals executive team, establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the hospital
- Oversees the hospital Employee Relations function and assures all actions, legal and ethical practices and decisions are carried out fairly and objectively.
- Develops comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans for the hospital–to meet the human capital needs and strategic goals
- Oversees local workers compensation, return to work and ADAAA guidance processes for the local facility. Assures appropriate compliance with worker safety and leave management protocols are followed
- Implement and manage local compensation program to include using benchmarking tools and implementing plans that are competitive and cost effective
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to HR functions by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training leadership, employee relations, regulatory compliance, development and compensation
- Works to create consistency of practice in the local hospital for all HR policies and ensures they are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Enforces and oversees the HR compliance and readiness with the Joint Commission and SOX audits.
- This role is responsible for the overall regulatory compliance of the HR service line.
- Oversees talent development and succession planning initiatives for the local facility leaders and ultimately coordinates talent growth across facilities; in cases where local talent has capacity and desire to grow within the company.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive HR leadership experience required — with a concentration on Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Training and Development and Compensation Management preferably in the healthcare industry
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law, CMS, OSHA and TJC regulatory compliance
- Some travel may be required
This city boasts an enriched quality of life, which includes safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, both public and private schools, and easy access to local and regional cultural events. The city is along the banks of the Rock River and halfway between Madison and Milwaukee. The city offers small town charm with big city conveniences. From the local Farmers Market to Concerts in the Park, area residents have many opportunities to come together as a community, and Milwaukee and Madison are both an easy interstate drive away.
The area is a haven for sports and recreation, boasting walking and biking trails, 275 acres of parks, a great aquatic center, nearby beaches, river kayaking and more. Local shopping and dining includes both independent retailers and national chains. And nearby Milwaukee and Madison boast world-class dining, great shopping and big-city attractions, from museums to music venues.
- Madison, WI (42)
- Milwaukee, WI (49)
- Green Bay, WI (113)
- Chicago, IL (136)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text