Job opening for a Director of Surgical Services located in Florida.
- Bonus eligible
- Relocation Assistance
- $10K Sign – On Bonus with 2 year commitment required
- Large, faith-based, not-for-profit health system
This well-recognized, 311-bed facility provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient surgical services, including but not limited to: General, Robotics, Gynecology, Orthopedic, Podiatry, Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Bariatrics, PV, Plastics, Neuro. This hospital boasts 4 Joint Commission designations as a Center for Orthopedic Excellence and we are Center of Excellence for Robotic surgery.
Reporting to the Vice President of Nursing, the Director of Surgical Services will oversee all aspects of the Operating Rooms, including Sterile Processing. The Director will lead a talented team of healthcare professionals, and will handle hiring, scheduling, and evaluating surgical services staff. To plan and coordinate with staff, the Surgical Services Director must have strong interpersonal intercommunication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of personality types and learning styles.
As Director, you will have the opportunity to direct the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for Surgical Services.
- # OR’s: 20 with 3 Endo Suites
- Other depts the OR Director will be over: OR, Endo, PACU & Pre Admission Testing
- # Managers in place: 2
- # Monthly procedures: OR = 550; Endo = 400
- # FTE’s: 140 approximately
- Develops departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares budgets and ensures compliance with allocated funding. Coordinate and directs internal/external audits.
- Directs and evaluates all clinical activities, including care plan development, service level determination, and complaint management to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, administration and directors to develop streamlined operations where equipment, supplies and staff are utilized efficiently and resourcefully.
- Removes obstacles to achieving clinical quality, service excellence and financial effectiveness targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- 5 plus years Director or Manager experience in a hospital setting.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- ACLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Current management experience in an Operating Room highly preferred
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text