A midsized hospital about an hour from Charlotte, NC has a need for an experienced Ambulatory Surgery Center Nurse Manager to join their team.
The hospital is looking for someone with experience in each of the core areas below:
- Continually demonstrates and supports a Professional Practice model that allows nurses to work in collaboration with interdisciplinary partners to achieve high quality patient outcomes.
- Incorporates the Nursing theoretical framework of professional nursing practice at System facilities.
- Demonstrates transformational leadership behaviors and serves as a change agent assisting team members in understanding the importance, necessity, impact and process of change.
- Models the mission, vision, values, Standards of Excellence and goals of the System.
- Serves as an advocate seeking protection and rights of patients, patient families, team member, students, and other disciplines especially related to health and safety.
- Contributes to performance improvement activities utilizing PDSA as the basic model of PI, data collection and analysis, and participation with shared governance activities.
- Supports and contributes to the Patient Centered Care Philosophy by understanding that every team member is a Caregiver whose role is to meet the needs of the patient.
- Allocates resources, creates collegial working relationships between nurses and physicians, demonstrating a multidisciplinary, holistic approach to care across the continuum of care.
- Performs nursing care, assists with treatments, therapies, procedures, and administers medications as necessary.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education.
- Participates with performance improvement activities to improve quality of nursing care, promote patient outcomes and provide a cost effective environment for patient care.
- Delegates effectively by promoting shared governance, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes.
- Analyzes and utilizes data for improved clinical outcomes.
- Assists in development of policies, procedures and standards reflective of evidence based practice.
- Coordinates the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient/family centered care.
- Supports organizational community service initiatives at unit level.
- Assess the impact of and plans strategies to address such issues as ethnics, cultural and diversity changes in the population.
- Responsible for assuming oversight and direction for staffing, and scheduling personnel, considering scope of practice, competencies, patient needs and complexity of care for provision of safe, effective, and quality patient care.
- Encourage an open forum of communication with team members, and allowing ample opportunities to discuss issues and seek guidance.
- Assumes responsibility in the recruitment and retention of qualified team members and to ensure appropriate orientation, education, credentialing and continuing professional development of personnel through mutual goal setting and performance evaluation.
- Promotes shared accountability for professional practice.
- Allocates resources to meet the unit needs.
- Responsible for budgetary oversight, and along with team member involvement, accountable to the organization for maintaining a cost-effective unit.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and / or unit/department conditions.
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
- Ensures that unit operations and teammates are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, regulatory agency standards, and policies and procedures as defined by the System.
- Functions as a team member to accomplish goals and objectives of the unit and the organization, upholding quality management, patient care, and departmental standards.
- Demonstrates competence in the application of principles of management.
- Responsible for interview, selection, and supervision of nursing personnel in the department.
- Conducts staff meetings at regular intervals to exchange information and promote dialogue.
- Understanding and complying with state and federal laws concerning the healthcare services and practice they manage, and complying with all facility regulations and policies.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required.
- Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred. Must have or complete MSN if undergraduate degree is not BSN. Enrollment in MSN program within 1 year of hire/transfer date and graduation of MSN program required within 5 years of hire. If undergraduate degree is BSN, a master’s Degree from a health-related program or MBA is acceptable. Non-MSN candidates considered for hire or internal promotion must be approved by the CNE regardless of direct hierarchal reporting relationship.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider from AHA required.
- Appropriate professional certification (either clinical or leadership) is required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam.
- Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text