Job opening in a large hospital located in San Francisco, for a Physician Practice Manager in their Orthopedic department.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director, the Practice Manager will work independently and have primary responsibility for the supervision of administrative/clerical, support and clinical staff of the Department of Orthopedics at the Orthopaedic Institute and liaison to admitting/registration, radiology, clinical revenue/billing and other Health System departments. The Practice Manager will have responsibility for the Operations of the clinic of the Orthopaedic Institute. The Practice Manager will be responsible for supervising the operational, human resource, regulatory quality, administrative and business functions of the Orthopaedic clinics and the stated responsibilities at the Orthopaedic Institute. The Practice Manager must have the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and work well with staff, patients and providers. A high degree of independence, initiative, assertiveness, customer service and diplomacy are necessary in dealing with faculty, staff and patients in a complex environment.
This position must perform at a level with a high degree of independence and ability for positive problem resolution. The incumbent must demonstrate a proactive approach to identifying issues and must have exemplary follow-up to prompt resolution of identified issues and risks.
- Reports to the Assistant Director of Orthopaedic Institute
- Direct reports include OI Supervisor, PC1, PC2, Nurse Practitioners, (for non-nursing over-sight) Physician Assistants, Medical Assistants, Orthopaedic Technician and other support staff.
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations.
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years ambulatory/Clinic ops experience in related field with 1 -2 years of clinic management responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and demonstrated written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS office products.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience in medical office practice management.
Skills And Certifications:
- Must have at least 5 years ambulatory/Clinic ops experience in Orthopedics with 1 -2 years of clinic management
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent education and experience
This area is a neighborhood in San Francisco, California with a population of 10,264. This area is one of the best places to live in California. The area is a “new” neighborhood and is becoming the new, exciting, up and coming place to live. Living here offers residents an urban feel and most residents rent their homes. There are a lot of bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many young professionals live here and residents tend to be liberal. The public schools are above average. At this time, this area of San Francisco is actually a lot less expensive than the other parts of SF. Of course, you can live anywhere in San Francisco and commute in.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Ortho Practice Manager Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text