- Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse. Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
Education: Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization. Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
Certifications: Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
This area is a place where people care about both the past and the future and invite you to come celebrate the best time of all—the present. The town is just beyond the bustling urban areas of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. You’ll be welcomed with lush rural scenery and warm, small-town hospitality. Nestled among gently rolling hills perfectly dotted with forests and farms, the town offers residents and visitors alike a chance to enjoy a gentler pace with options for plenty of activities. There are lakes to enjoy for water activities. There’s lots to do here. From sports, live theater, dance, top-name concerts, comedy and karaoke to the fun of bowling, skating, movies, state-of the-art games and a fast-action dragway, your only problem will be making a choice!
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Chief Nursing Officer Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text