Job opening in a midsized hospital located in Western Mississippi, about 2 hrs from Memphis, TN, for an experienced Hospital HR Director to join their team. Hospital HR management experience STRONGLY preferred!!! The Hospital Leadership is strong and supportive. They are eager for a good HRD. They are looking for someone who can and is willing to update the current work processes, technologies, etc. The HRD has 2 direct reports. The Employee Health RN and Education Dept work closely with HR but are not reporting to HR.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Ensures department stays focused on their important role in the continuum of care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business. or a related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Six years of experience as a Human Resource Manager in the hospital setting preferred; or 10 or more years as a Human Resource Director/ Manager
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local registration relating to Human Resources, i.e., Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Located in the heart of the legendary Mississippi Delta – halfway between Memphis, Tennessee and Jackson, Mississippi – this city combines the charm of a small town with the educational and cultural opportunities of a much larger city. This is a place where you find equal opportunity to get away from it all or to be in the center of vibrant activity. Less than a two hour drive to Memphis or Jackson, the entertainment, cultural and shopping opportunities of these metropolitan areas are close at hand, while the wide-open spaces, abundant woodlands, and lakes and rivers offer the best in country life. If shopping is your passion, you will be pleasantly surprised. In fact, the city has earned a reputation as the Shopping Mecca of the Delta because of the variety and number of quaint specialty shops located there. The County’s natural resources are second to none, offering a wealth of outdoor recreational opportunities. Because of the terrain and mild climate, public hunting and fishing areas abound, and the County’s large lakes and rivers beckon boating and water sport enthusiasts. And, along the banks of the Mississippi River, you will find the 756-acre Great River Road State Park, with facilities for picnicking, camping and a 72-foot observation tower that provides breathtaking views of the Mississippi River.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text